Contribute
Register

ALC269 in Mavericks 10.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan.
Since this thread relates directly to my device/issue I wanted to ask you a couple of questions. Following along in this thread and also trying many different kexts without success I then tried the same kexts that robertmdebodt used in post #10 of this thread.

I used the DCPIManager to install these two kexts, then clicked on rebuild permissions, then clicked on rebuild kernel cache button. I closed the app and reopened it and I see the two devices as shown here...

View attachment 85919

But when I restart there is no audio and no audio device in system preferences...

View attachment 85920

When I opened the DCPIManager again after reboot the devices are gone. Do you have any idea why this happened and how I can fix it? It seemed as though all had gone well, and everything was all good, don't know why it would all load up right and then disappear like that?

I've tried other methods that require DSDT editing but can't because my "Vanilla Test" DSDT crashes my system. Let me explain that. (slightly off topic but relevant)

Open DSDT Editor/extract DSDT/fixed errors/compile without any errors/save as DSDT.aml/copy DSDT.aml to Extra folder/in Chameleon Wizard check box dsdt.aml and set path /Extra/DSDT.aml/ and then reboot...

My system halted with kernel panic. I am still searching for a solution to this because I'd like to be able to use DSDT for custom fixes.

Back on topic...

Thanks very much for the layout explanation that was very helpful.

Any advice or sign posts pointing about the above mentioned audio appearance/disappearance will be appreciated. I prefer to figure stuff out for myself but this and the DSDT thing have me stumped so I had to ask for advice (about the audio issue).

Use MaciASL to patch your DSDT: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply:
"Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id as required by the AppleHDA you're using)
"IRQ Fix"

VoodooHDA work fine with audio ouput but not audio input (Mic) . Still searching help how to solve Mic problem.

Hey RehabMan, do you own a Shop i can visit you to make my Hackintosh even more awesome ? Im in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back