1. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    8
    Online
    Razorbacktrack is offline
    #1

    Mavericks on Asus n550jv-cn150h


    Hi to all,
    I'm Razorbacktrack and I'm from Italy.

    Yesterday I bought an asus laptop with these characteristics :

    Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ
    Display 15,6'' / Full HD
    HDD 750GB / 8192MB DDR3
    GeForce GT 750M 4GB DDR3
    Can I install mavericks on it? if yes,what tutorial I must follow?
    I must install mavericks before w8 to have the dual boot option?
    Thanks

  2. Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    44,526
    System
    Intel DH67BL/HP ProBook 4530s
    CPU
    Core i7-2600K/Core i3-2310m
    Graphics
    Intel HD 3000
    Geekbench Score
    11641
    Online
    RehabMan is offline
    iPhone MacBook Air
    #2

    Mavericks on Asus n550jv-cn150h


    Quote Originally Posted by Razorbacktrack View Post
    Hi to all,
    I'm Razorbacktrack and I'm from Italy.

    Yesterday I bought an asus laptop with these characteristics :

    Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ
    Display 15,6'' / Full HD
    HDD 750GB / 8192MB DDR3
    GeForce GT 750M 4GB DDR3
    Can I install mavericks on it? if yes,what tutorial I must follow?
    I must install mavericks before w8 to have the dual boot option?
    Thanks
    You will want to read this: Laptop Compatibility

    Dual boot guide is here: [Guide] Dual Booting Mountain Lion and Windows 8
    Laptop#1: HP ProBook 4540s D8C12UT (1080p), i5-3230m, BIOS F.50a: OS X 10.10/Windows 7/Windows 8.1
    Laptop#2: Lenovo U430 Touch, i7-4500U: OS X 10.10/Windows 8.1
    Desktop: DIY Intel DH67GD, Core i7-2600K, Dell U3011+U2001FP: 10.10/10.7.5/Windows 8.1/Windows 10(TP)
    Projects || Blog

  3. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    8
    Online
    Razorbacktrack is offline
    #3

    Mavericks on Asus n550jv-cn150h


    I can be wrong, But I don t understand if My laptop is compatible or Not :(

  4. Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    44,526
    System
    Intel DH67BL/HP ProBook 4530s
    CPU
    Core i7-2600K/Core i3-2310m
    Graphics
    Intel HD 3000
    Geekbench Score
    11641
    Online
    RehabMan is offline
    iPhone MacBook Air
    #4

    Mavericks on Asus n550jv-cn150h


    Quote Originally Posted by Razorbacktrack View Post
    I can be wrong, But I don t understand if My laptop is compatible or Not :(
    What part don't you understand?
    Laptop#1: HP ProBook 4540s D8C12UT (1080p), i5-3230m, BIOS F.50a: OS X 10.10/Windows 7/Windows 8.1
    Laptop#2: Lenovo U430 Touch, i7-4500U: OS X 10.10/Windows 8.1
    Desktop: DIY Intel DH67GD, Core i7-2600K, Dell U3011+U2001FP: 10.10/10.7.5/Windows 8.1/Windows 10(TP)
    Projects || Blog

  5. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    8
    Online
    Razorbacktrack is offline
    #5

    Mavericks on Asus n550jv-cn150h


    I read the thread and I know what are the characteristics of my pc (now I also checked the chipset,that is an HM86 Express Chipset),but I don't know what tutorial I need to follow

  6. Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    44,526
    System
    Intel DH67BL/HP ProBook 4530s
    CPU
    Core i7-2600K/Core i3-2310m
    Graphics
    Intel HD 3000
    Geekbench Score
    11641
    Online
    RehabMan is offline
    iPhone MacBook Air
    #6

    Mavericks on Asus n550jv-cn150h


    Quote Originally Posted by Razorbacktrack View Post
    I read the thread and I know what are the characteristics of my pc (now I also checked the chipset,that is an HM86 Express Chipset),but I don't know what tutorial I need to follow
    And hopefully you understand the part about "switched" graphics not being supported (assuming yours is switched/Optimus).

    Since yours is Haswell, you will likely run into the instant reboot problem due to locked MSRs and CPU power management being built into the Mavs kernel. So definitely follow the link at the bottom of the post, as I've built my own kernel to avoid it (just built from Apple's sources).
    Laptop#1: HP ProBook 4540s D8C12UT (1080p), i5-3230m, BIOS F.50a: OS X 10.10/Windows 7/Windows 8.1
    Laptop#2: Lenovo U430 Touch, i7-4500U: OS X 10.10/Windows 8.1
    Desktop: DIY Intel DH67GD, Core i7-2600K, Dell U3011+U2001FP: 10.10/10.7.5/Windows 8.1/Windows 10(TP)
    Projects || Blog

  7. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    8
    Online
    Razorbacktrack is offline
    #7

    Mavericks on Asus n550jv-cn150h


    Quote Originally Posted by RehabMan View Post
    And hopefully you understand the part about "switched" graphics not being supported (assuming yours is switched/Optimus).

    Since yours is Haswell, you will likely run into the instant reboot problem due to locked MSRs and CPU power management being built into the Mavs kernel. So definitely follow the link at the bottom of the post, as I've built my own kernel to avoid it (just built from Apple's sources).
    Thanks RehabMan

  8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12
    System
    Intel Haswell ID8C49/ASUS N550JV
    CPU
    Core i7-4700HQ @ 2.40GHz
    Graphics
    Intel HD 4600 + Nvidia GeForce GT 750M (4 GB RAM) @ 1920x1080
    Online
    andreaonelove is offline
    Android Phone
    #8

    Mavericks on Asus n550jv-cn150h


    Hi, i aslo have this notebook, i successfully installed mavericks 10.9 and configurated my account, but i can start mac osx only using the -x parameter.. Suggestions?

  9. Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    44,526
    System
    Intel DH67BL/HP ProBook 4530s
    CPU
    Core i7-2600K/Core i3-2310m
    Graphics
    Intel HD 3000
    Geekbench Score
    11641
    Online
    RehabMan is offline
    iPhone MacBook Air
    #9

    Mavericks on Asus n550jv-cn150h


    Quote Originally Posted by andreaonelove View Post
    Hi, i aslo have this notebook, i successfully installed mavericks 10.9 and configurated my account, but i can start mac osx only using the -x parameter.. Suggestions?
    Did you set your ig-platform-id correctly to enable HD4600?

    Also:
    Please provide complete details in your profile.

    System: manufacturer/model
    CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
    Graphics: all graphics devices + screen resolution
    Laptop#1: HP ProBook 4540s D8C12UT (1080p), i5-3230m, BIOS F.50a: OS X 10.10/Windows 7/Windows 8.1
    Laptop#2: Lenovo U430 Touch, i7-4500U: OS X 10.10/Windows 8.1
    Desktop: DIY Intel DH67GD, Core i7-2600K, Dell U3011+U2001FP: 10.10/10.7.5/Windows 8.1/Windows 10(TP)
    Projects || Blog

  10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12
    System
    Intel Haswell ID8C49/ASUS N550JV
    CPU
    Core i7-4700HQ @ 2.40GHz
    Graphics
    Intel HD 4600 + Nvidia GeForce GT 750M (4 GB RAM) @ 1920x1080
    Online
    andreaonelove is offline
    Android Phone
    #10

    Mavericks on Asus n550jv-cn150h


    I've completed my profile it's enough?

    I've tested my laptop with cpuz, here some more info:
    Mainboard Model N550JV (0x00000188 - 0x00525EC0)
    Display adapter 0
    Display name \\.\DISPLAY1
    Name Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
    Memory size 2112 MB
    PCI device bus 0 (0x0), device 2 (0x2), function 0 (0x0)
    Vendor ID 0x8086 (0x1043)
    Model ID 0x0416 (0x11CD)
    Performance Level 0

    Can you please help me on how to set ig-platform-id correctly to enable HD4600?

  11. Similar Threads:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last