Shopping list for a high end video system
With Multibeast 5 available it is time to build my very first Hackintosh with Mountain Lion.
Purpose of the system: heavy video editing, FCP-X, 4K raw stuff, animations, rendering, lots of video crunching.
I don't want to experiment with hardware endlessly so I want to follow the CustoMac recommendations. I need a fast, reliable and silent computer that runs and can do the job. But I do have a few specific questions.
This is the shopping list so far:
- Intel Core i7-3770K
- Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
- EVGA GeForce GTX 680
- 32GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3
- SanDisk Extreme SATA 6Gb/s 480GB SSD
- some sort of Bluetooth adapter
- Case: Corsair Obsidian 800D (big case with lots of space to add more components in the future) or Coolermaster Silencio 650 (smaller)
- Power: Corsair AX1200i or AX650
- the recommendations state 16Gb RAM, does it harm to use 32Gb? Will the system be a tad quicker?
- the Gigabyte has an internal Firewire connection on the motherboard, how to make this an external connection?
- the Corsair case is easily fitted with a Hydro H100 water cooler, is this preferable (think about noise levels etc) compared to a 'normal' cooler?
- What power supply makes the most sense? AX1200i or AX650… (the system will be expanded with lots of HD's and an additional PCI computing card)
- Anyone else has this Corsair case? Would you recommend this as a 'silent' case?
Thanks a lot for the help!