First of all- congratulations! You're on your way to learning something new- always a challenge, but well worth the effort. Installing Mac OS X on generic PC hardware is not as hard as it used to be, however since there are so many methods, bootloaders, and guides out there it can be extremely confusing for the new user.
Here are a few things to start with.
1. Read our Rules thoroughly. Unlike most Internet communities our rules are strictly enforced. This is for everyone's benefit.
2. Read through the Simplest Mac OS X Installation Guide to familiarize yourself with a bird's eye view of the process.
3. Read through the latest CustoMac Buyer's Guide for compatibility advice.
4. Use the Search- we've been around for years. Most likely your questions have already been answered.
5. Familiarize yourself with the forum by reading the Activity Stream
6. Read through the tonymacx86 Wiki for detailed definitions of terms