W1290P
Graphics
5700XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Zotac Z87 ITX with Thunderbolt (NOT) coming soon

At Computex Zotac unveiled an ITX Haswell motherboard with dual thunderbolt, model "Z87-ITX-WIFI".

There's an article about it from a French news site, though it doesn't say much more than what can already be figured out from the picture.

http://www.hardware.fr/news/13154/computex-z87-mini-itx-thunderbolt-zotac.html

While I know Gigabyte has been the gold standard for Hackintoshes, what has Zotac's track record been? If Gigabyte doesn't come out with one soon, I might just snag one of these Zotacs.

Edit: Zotac has unfortunately informed a reader that they have no plans for mass production of this board. Booooooo!!! (See post 26)

Attachments

• IMG0041657_1.jpg
    IMG0041657_1.jpg
    654.2 KB · Views: 2,980
Very interesting indeed, never seen an itx board with thunderbolt until this one. Dual thunderbolt on a mini-itx is a damn good effort though!

One thing that does look very odd though, the position of the four pin power connector right next to the cpu cooler keep-out area and right next to the pcie slot too. :crazy:

At Computex Zotac unveiled an ITX Haswell motherboard with dual thunderbolt, model "Z87-ITX-WIFI".

There's an article about it from a French news site, though it doesn't say much more than what can already be figured out from the picture.

While I know Gigabyte has been the gold standard for Hackintoshes, what has Zotac's track record been? If Gigabyte doesn't come out with one soon, I might just snag one of these Zotacs.

There have been a few folks who've been successful with Zotac motherboards as Hacks, particularly with their Z77 ITX board (which clearly this one is the successor to), just do a search if you're interested.

That puppy's nice

thanks for posting

..itd look / work good in a Corsair 350D

IMG0041657_1.jpg
617vCLXd8XL._SL1058_.jpg 61-5a+KgHDL._SL1500_.jpg

Its a mini atx case... no?

"Motherboard Compatibility Micro ATX, Mini ITX"

That was my favorite case until I found out "Motherboard Compatibility Micro ATX, Mini ITX". It was the cleanest/nicest case Ive ever seen - been looking and looking for a while... NICE... CLEAN... SHARP. Wish theyd have (offer) a Mid Tower EXACTLY like that case. Would be SWEET! ...650D is similar looking but to me its sorta ugly (but does look similar in design... sorta). Something exactly like the 350D (w/window) but a bit bigger that would fit an ATX mobo would rock. :thumbup:

Mini ITX and Micro ATX are a big difference. Mini ITX only has 1x PCIe slot where Micro ATX has 4, the case would be so empty and wasted with a Mini ITX board in there.

Mint ITX and Micro ATC are a big difference. Mini ITX onlt has 1x PCIe slot wher Micro ATX has 4, the case would be so empty and wasted wit a mini in there.

oh :think: did not know that :banghead: :p

Just look at that picture, you can't see how small it is?

Well at the time, since it was too small for ATX I assumed it would work well with the mobo, and I really do like that case as well, the way it looks, and the specs said "Motherboard Compatibility Micro ATX, Mini ITX". But you are right I suppose it would be large for that motherboard. I have no experience with Micro ATX or Mini ITX either so I just assumed because it looked cool and so does that case theyd work well together. But now Ive learned something from you again and that is a good thing.

thank you PJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back