Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

Im very new to this and is my first forum post.

Im looking to build a mini-ITX hackintosh, but to be more specific I'd like to use the Zotac Z68ITX-B-E (Wifi supreme) motherboard.
http://www.zotacusa.com/zotac-z68-itx-wifi-supreme-z68itx-b-e.html
This is the particular model that has the built in GT-430 graphics card :thumbup:

I cant find info on whether this is a suitable choice of motherboard, but if it is, I'd like to know what would be a suitable RAM choice to couple with it also.
Im thinking of coupling it with the i7-2600S processor (because of the max TDP of my chassis)
http://ark.intel.com/products/52215

Corsair Apple SO-DIMM memory 8GB (2x 4GB)
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/8gb-...-so-dimm-pc3-10666-(1333)-non-ecc-unbuffered-

Any help and 'constructive' criticism will be appreciated :geek:

Many Thanks

audiojunkie99

Thanks for your advice :thumbup:

I hadn't seen the Zotac H67 with the GT-520 built in before.

What do you think would be a better choice then?.. a H67 board with onboard GeForce GT-520 (512MB) or a Z68 board with onboard GeForce GT-430 (1GB) ??

Cheers

Thanks for your advice :thumbup:

I hadn't seen the Zotac H67 with the GT-520 built in before.

What do you think would be a better choice then?.. a H67 board with onboard GeForce GT-520 (512MB) or a Z68 board with onboard GeForce GT-430 (1GB) ??

Cheers

If you are going to overclock go with the Z68. If you are not, go with the H67. Otherwise, they are fairly close in spec. The GT-430 is fairly close to HD4000 graphics and the GT520 is a fair match for HD3000.

If you do not plan to overclock now or in the future, going for best bang for buck in your budget would probably be the H67.

Edit: My apologies - got my comparisons backwards.:oops:

How far did you progress? Any status updates?

Sorry to revive an old thread... But... uhh... was it successful?

My Mac mini died and I'm converting my old zotac h67, i7-2600 with the Nvidia 520.
I've ordered a Broadcom BCM94322HM8L half mini-PCIe to replace the onboard RT3900.

Since I don't have a Mac, I've borrowed a friend's MBP to create an installer.

OSX HS would get stuck while creating the installer.
So I tried my old version of El Capitan which I was running on my Mac mini before it died. I had a rescue USB created ages ago. I managed to successfully create the installer in Legacy mode by copying my El Capitan install package into my Applications folder. Unibeast (El Capitan version) would create the USB installer successfully.

However, even after modifying my BIOS optimised default settings, and turning Vt off, disabling Serial port, etc. I am unable to get Clover to install OSX. The option does not appear in Clover. I am only able to BOOT OSX from EXTERNAL USB. I see the Apple logo, and then the stop symbol.

Any thoughts?

Yeah... after 2 months of trying, I couldn't get it to install El Cap. Tried Yosemite and that worked fine using all the recommended settings. You'll have to update the NVdia drivers and do the sound patching to get that working. Then I tried to update the bootloader to Clover... that wasn't good. Totally screwed it up. Stick with Chimera ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back