RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm currently using an ASUS Z170M Plus build (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...k-asus-z170m-plus-r9-280-fusion-drive.182949/), and I own a GTX 970.
The machine works flawlessly on El Capitan. But, I want to do a little upgrade of my GPU because I want to update to Sierra or High Sierra this month and to Mojave maybe in the end of the year.
I use it ONLY with Adobe suite which is why I had Nvidia GPU. But I read since latest Mojave update there is no more Nvidia support.
What I should do? Do you suggest to get an AMD or should I stick with High Sierra for a while with a new GTX?

Last edited:
Keep your 970 for a few more months and see if Nvidia releases drivers or not.
You can still upgrade to Sierra or High Sierra with your 970.

yep i know, and i did 10.12.6 update on a spare ssd (upgrading from existing elcap drive), but i keep on gettin metal error on cc 2018/19, so i suppose is gpu related, that's why i was thinking about gpu upgrade

I started with a 1060 and then moved to AMD, a 580 and now a Vega FE. nvidia cards are just too much hassle for hackintoshes IMO, everything is much smoother and less of a headache with AMD (especially with the RX580)

but what about adobe performance? i need it just for ae/premiere/davinci, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back