Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z390-Aorus Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 590
i installed sierra 10.12.1 on my zotac 9300-itx with core 2 duo E8400 cpu, GT720 graphics.

everything works properly, except it won't sleep if there are any devices (even keyboard or mouse) plugged into any usb port.

if i select Sleep from the apple menu, the screen goes dark, but the cpu sleeps for a second then wakes.

if all devices are unplugged, it sleeps properly, based on the setting in Energy Saver prefs. of course this is useless in reality but provides some troubleshooting info.

i had already added the _WAK patch to my dsdt.

i looked at RehabMan's USB instant wake USB patches, but the patches (using Maciasl) find nothing to patch. the addresses shown in the part of the patch to remove _PRW aren't found in my dsdt.

any other ideas?

thanks in advance

Last edited:
i installed sierra 10.12.1 on my zotac 9300-itx with core 2 duo E8400 cpu, GT720 graphics.

everything works properly, except it won't sleep if there are any devices (even keyboard or mouse) plugged into any usb port.

if i select Sleep from the apple menu, the screen goes dark, but the cpu sleeps for a second then wakes.

if all devices are unplugged, it sleeps properly, based on the setting in Energy Saver prefs. of course this is useless in reality but provides some troubleshooting info.

i had already added the _WAK patch to my dsdt.

i looked at RehabMan's USB instant wake USB patches, but the patches (using Maciasl) find nothing to patch. the addresses shown in the part of the patch to remove _PRW aren't found in my dsdt.

any other ideas?

thanks in advance

Its not _WAK that needs to be patched its XWAK that requires to be disabled but you will need to patch EHC1 & EHC2 but old hardware such as yours will most likely be EHCI. Most likely will need to patch AppleLPC and AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement. Press F4 at Clover boot attach Clover from EFI removing themes ZIP attach also attach ioreg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

Its not _WAK that needs to be patched its XWAK that requires to be disabled but you will need to patch EHC1 & EHC2 but old hardware such as yours will most likely be EHCI. Most likely will need to patch AppleLPC and AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement. Press F4 at Clover boot attach Clover from EFI removing themes ZIP attach also attach ioreg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

/clover and ioreg attached.

thanks

Attachments

• CLOVER copy.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 64
  • iMac ioreg.zip
    421.3 KB · Views: 52
/clover and ioreg attached.

thanks

USB is not patched correctly. You have patched EHC1 but not EHC2. The patch isn't correct anyway. AppleLPC & AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement is loaded. Although id recommend changing the SMBIOS to something that matches you're hardware.

thanks for taking the time to look at my situation. I started with "lesser" sys definitions, but either the gfx didn't work (even with web drivers) or the gfx worked but USB ports didn't work. 14,2 is one that at least allows gfx and usb to work. sleep isn't that important for this computer--I will be using it in my workshop very intermittently and prob wouldn't leave it turned on for days on end when I wasn't using it. several os's ago I used this mini-itx in an old shuttle enclosure for a HTPC, but I have since upgraded the HTPC to a NUC 5.

ken

is there a guide somewhere for correct patching of dsdt/ehc1 and ehc2 for a board this old?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back