Contribute
Register

ZenBR's Build: Asus P8Z77-M Pro + i5 3570K + Intel HD4000 - Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am following your guide for my first build. I have followed the directions as close as possible, however unibeast and multibeast have been updated since this guide was posted. I am currently stuck at the apple boot screen after a fresh unibeast/ multibeast install. I have been unable to boot ML successfully after the install, any suggestions on where to begin? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Here is my setup:
Asus P8Z77 M-Pro (Bios v.1504)
i5 3570K
Seagate 2TB Drive
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GBs)

I also have an MSI AMD Radeon 6970 2GB graphics card that I have not put in yet.

Hi, I am following your guide for my first build. I have followed the directions as close as possible, however unibeast and multibeast have been updated since this guide was posted. I am currently stuck at the apple boot screen after a fresh unibeast/ multibeast install. I have been unable to boot ML successfully after the install, any suggestions on where to begin? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Here is my setup:
Asus P8Z77 M-Pro (Bios v.1504)
i5 3570K
Seagate 2TB Drive
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GBs)

I also have an MSI AMD Radeon 6970 2GB graphics card that I have not put in yet.

It's the motherboard plug in's. In multi beast, just select User "no dtst", Network and and sound.

Look at the first post in this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/73558-z77-matx-motherboards-os-x-8.html

I'm not sure about GPU, I don't have one, but this will work with intel hd 4000

After a fresh ML install using Unibeast/Multibeast, my system hangs here in -v mode. I am using samisnake's modded v.1504 bios, Multibeast version 5.0.2, and the Intel HD4000 graphics (Waiting for 100% working system before installing my graphics card). This is my first build so I am not sure where to start.

Attachments

• Boot Issue.jpg
    Boot Issue.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,569
After a fresh ML install using Unibeast/Multibeast, my system hangs here in -v mode. I am using samisnake's modded v.1504 bios, Multibeast version 5.0.2, and the Intel HD4000 graphics (Waiting for 100% working system before installing my graphics card). This is my first build so I am not sure where to start.

Ok. Your system appears to be working.

At this point, press the power button. The computer should sleep. Press the power button again and the computer should wake.

If this happen, I'm almost certain that the problem is the video card port. In my case, only DVI port works. Try another port.

Give us a feedback.

Ok... so I switched from VGA port to HDMI port and it boots up while the Unibeast drive is still inserted. It fails to boot without the Unibeast stick and gives me the Boot0 Error. I am going to pick up a DVI adapter tomorrow to see if this makes a difference.

What about the sleep/wake?

Sleep/wake is working. Audio works through the line out port.

Your system is working. Use the DVI port.

I tried at home and if I use the VGA or HDMI port, I got the same problem. If I change to DVI, everything works.

Please help.

Put the instructions. Everything went perfectly. Connected card Sapphire HD6850, been no problems.

ML updated to 10.8.2. Now loaded only in safety mode.

Attached screenshot of the error.

P.S. CPU i5-3330
P.S.S. BIOS from bios4asus.blogspot.com 1504

Attachments

• .jpg
    .jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,629
I switched to the DVI port, however I am still getting boot0 Error when I try to boot without the Unibeast stick inserted. I have a 2 TB Hard Drive with 3 partitions: 100GB for the ML install, 900GB, and 1 TB. I found this guide to deal with boot0 error, which I will try next. Any suggestions?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back