Contribute
Register

ZenBR's Build: Asus P8Z77-M Pro + i5 3570K + Intel HD4000 - Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
sdnd Using MB5.0.2, the only settings I used are in the screenshot below:
/Volumes/Data/erichughes/Desktop/Screen Shot 2012-09-10 at 2.40.34 PM.png
I did not delete or insert the kexts that Zenbr used when he used MB4.6.1, except for the Graphics Mode code added to chameleon.boot.plist.
In Bios, Primary Display is set to Auto or iGPU and iGPU Memory is 32MB. Otherwise, I would suggest default settings with no over clocking until the system is working 100%.
Sleep/wake/video/usb3 should all be flawless, though I am not sure of usb3. I have done a full Time Machine backup to an external Seagate 1TB USB drive 280GB which took 50 minutes (connected to either front or back usb3 ports) which seems very fast if only running at usb2 rate.
My only outstanding issue now is Airplay Mirroring, which is not urgent to fix.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-10 at 2.40.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-09-10 at 2.40.34 PM.png
    149.9 KB · Views: 497
Thanks for the guides, installation works like a charm, but sleep/wake isn't working.
when sleep - My PC's power led still light obviously OS went to sleep when i'm trying to wake it up using Logitech k200 media combo it doesn't awake. help?

Has anybody updated to 10.8.2? Is everything working?

:thumbup:

use verbose (-v) to see why its kernel panicking.

from your post,
the reason it kp'd first time is probably the oemsbios plugin. simple fix- delete it.

using mac pro 5,1 caused it to kernel panic, if you didnt delete appletymcedriver.

Yes samisnake my problem is oemsbios but i can´t enter in Safe Mode to delete the file :(

How is to enter in safe mode? i try... writing -v on boot screen where i can select normal mode verbose.. etc, and with usb but system doesn´t load. I try too... -v -x see a list.. 2miuntes and then stop and can´t load :( can´t enter and do nothing,hehe wait help!

Boot up the installation disk and use the Terminal.

Hi!

I've this build:

Asus P8Z77-M Pro (already patched BIOS)
CPU I3-2130
DDR3 2x4GB 1600
Asus Geforce GT210 1GB
1TB Western Digital HDD

I've followed your guide except the hd4000 part and i got it almost.
I can't setup my GT210, can you help me?

PS: I'm with Lion 10.7

avas,
have you used that gforce 210 with osx before?
some 210 cards dont work properly oob.

avas,
have you used that gforce 210 with osx before?
some 210 cards dont work properly oob.

In the last installation try i used NVEnabler and after reboot i could choose the right resolution, but the problem was playing videos on youtube, no image and no sound.

Should i try with EFI String? Another kext? With on board intel HD?

I also don't have any sound (no output device in list), used the ALC892 in Multibeast? Tried HDAVoodoo and got a panic... What to do?

Thanks,

In the last installation try i used NVEnabler and after reboot i could choose the right resolution, but the problem was playing videos on youtube, no image and no sound.

Should i try with EFI String? Another kext? With on board intel HD?

I also don't have any sound (no output device in list), used the ALC892 in Multibeast? Tried HDAVoodoo and got a panic... What to do?

Thanks,

GOT IT!

Finally everything is working 100%!!

Follow ZenBR's Guide, but between installation and multibeast installed previuosly downloaded 10.7.5 Combo Update.
Then followed the rest of the guide without the HD4000 step.

After reboot, GT210 working 100% with accelaration, Audio 100%, USB 100%!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back