Name (BKLT, One)
Name (SHUT, Zero)
Name (XPEE, One)

The comments for DGPU are

// DGPU: Controls whether the DGPU is disabled via ACPI or not
// bit 0: DGPU disabled at startup
// bit 1: DGPU enabled in _PTS, disabled in _WAK
// default is 3

You told me before to set DGPU to 0, but in the comments "bit 0" is to disable the DGPU, that is what got me confused.

Could you explain how the line should look?

Like this?

Name (DGPU, Zero)

Thanks

@RehabMan

My SSDT-Zbook-G3-Skylake.aml file has the following lines under RMCF

Name (IGPI, Zero)
Name (LMAX, Ones)
Name (BUID, Zero)
Name (DGPU, 0x03)
Name (BKLT, One)
Name (SHUT, Zero)
Name (XPEE, One)

The comments for DGPU are

// DGPU: Controls whether the DGPU is disabled via ACPI or not
// bit 0: DGPU disabled at startup
// bit 1: DGPU enabled in _PTS, disabled in _WAK
// default is 3

You told me before to set DGPU to 0, but in the comments "bit 0" is to disable the DGPU, that is what got me confused.

Could you explain how the line should look?

Like this?

Name (DGPU, Zero)

Thanks

Both Name(DGPU, Zero) or Name(DGPU, 0) are the same thing.

Both Name(DGPU, Zero) or Name(DGPU, 0) are the same thing.

Do you think the WhateverGreen Lilu plugin will help enabling the GPU in this laptop? In my case It is a quadro M1000M

Do you think the WhateverGreen Lilu plugin will help enabling the GPU in this laptop? In my case It is a quadro M1000M

I have no Nvidia hardware in any of my laptops.
You should read the WhateverGreen documentation if you're curious about its capabilities.

Has your card M1000M worked yet?

In short, I disabled intel graphics in bios and was able to reach the desktop, but no nvidia graphics acceleration.

I tried installing nvidia web drivers after the changes suggested by rehabman in SSDT-Zbook-G3-Skylake.aml, but no success.

I believe it is possible, seems that others got partial results with the M1000M. But I admit that my knowledge in troubleshooting these issues is quite short and unfortunately I couldnt find the time to dig deeper.

Check these threads, they might help:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/thinkpad-p50-sierra-10-12-6.229084/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/dell-precesion-m7510-with-m1000m-4k-screen.199417/page-3

If you achieve greater success please let me know!

Last edited:
Your trackpad is ALPS. My driver supports Synaptics. You can enable VoodooPS2Mouse.kext for your ALPS trackpad by enabling the mouse in the model specific SSDT.

You can see how it is done if you look at the SSDT for 1020/1030/1040:
Code:
    //#include "include/standard_PS2K.asl"
    External(_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, DeviceObj)
    Scope (_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K)
    {
        // overrides for VoodooPS2 configuration...
        Name(RMCF, Package()
        {
            #include "include/standard_PS2K_data.asl"
            #include "include/enable_mouse.asl"
        })
    }

Or you can look for PS2 kexts that correspond to ALPS.

Hi Rehabman,

I apologize for re-opening up this thread after such a long time. I still had no luck finding a ALPS driver the Zbook. I am going to try patching the SSDT but I have never done it before. Thank you for providing the sample code. Could you link me to the SSDT 1020/1030/1040 that you are referencing? I can't seem to find the sample code. Thank you in advance.

Hi Rehabman,

I apologize for re-opening up this thread after such a long time. I still had no luck finding a ALPS driver the Zbook. I am going to try patching the SSDT but I have never done it before. Thank you for providing the sample code. Could you link me to the SSDT 1020/1030/1040 that you are referencing? I can't seem to find the sample code. Thank you in advance.

Refer to ProBook guide:

Yippee, I have the Zbook G5 i7 version, updated Bios to latest, I now have OSX 10.14.x installed, noticeable thing not working Of course is WiFi, However I use a USB to RJ45 adapter,
This machine is awesome for running MAC OSX.

Thanks everyone again for the great guides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back