Contribute
Register

ZBook 15 G3 success (i7-6700hq)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Removed VoodooPS2Controlller from /S/L/E. ran install_download.sh again. Trackpad still not working. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for taking a look.

Your trackpad is ALPS. My driver supports Synaptics. You can enable VoodooPS2Mouse.kext for your ALPS trackpad by enabling the mouse in the model specific SSDT.

You can see how it is done if you look at the SSDT for 1020/1030/1040:
Code:
    //#include "include/standard_PS2K.asl"
    External(_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, DeviceObj)
    Scope (_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K)
    {
        // overrides for VoodooPS2 configuration...
        Name(RMCF, Package()
        {
            #include "include/standard_PS2K_data.asl"
            #include "include/enable_mouse.asl"
        })
    }

Or you can look for PS2 kexts that correspond to ALPS.

Your trackpad is ALPS. My driver supports Synaptics. You can enable VoodooPS2Mouse.kext for your ALPS trackpad by enabling the mouse in the model specific SSDT.

You can see how it is done if you look at the SSDT for 1020/1030/1040:
Code:
    //#include "include/standard_PS2K.asl"
    External(_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, DeviceObj)
    Scope (_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K)
    {
        // overrides for VoodooPS2 configuration...
        Name(RMCF, Package()
        {
            #include "include/standard_PS2K_data.asl"
            #include "include/enable_mouse.asl"
        })
    }

Or you can look for PS2 kexts that correspond to ALPS.

Nice. Thanks for this information. I'll look into it. Out of curiosity, would you mind telling me which files you looked at in the zip that told that the trackpad was ALPS. Thanks again!

Nice. Thanks for this information. I'll look into it. Out of curiosity, would you mind telling me which files you looked at in the zip that told that the trackpad was ALPS. Thanks again!

I looked at your ioreg. PS2M node, properly name is "ALP0112" which indicates an ALPS trackpad (Synaptics start with "SYN").

I just changed the internal Intel 8260 Wifi with a Broadcom bcm94352z : working fine !
( just had a bad time because mac address changed and my network had mac values restrictions and I forgot about :) )
Hello, does your netcard(BCM94352Z) work properly in Windows 10? and which version do you use? I have a Lenovo Version, and I used in the HP 840 G3, It works well in the MAC system but it's very stuck in the Windows 10.
Thanks.

Hello, does your netcard(BCM94352Z) work properly in Windows 10? and which version do you use? I have a Lenovo Version, and I used in the HP 840 G3, It works well in the MAC system but it's very stuck in the Windows 10.
Thanks.

Windows 10 should automatically install the needed drivers (may come from Windows update).

Your Nvidia may work with the Nvidia web drivers. But so far, no one has success (as far as I know).
Your HDMI port is directly connected to the Nvidia.

Your laptop has a guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/

I am willing to try nvidia graphics on a my zbook 17 G3, which is essentially the same hardware..

What steps would you recommend? I think of the following (in short)

Install using the hotpatch guide (intel graphics only)
Install nvidia web drivers
Customize config.plist and SSDT-ZBook-G3-Skylake.aml files

Is that correct?

I am willing to try nvidia graphics on a my zbook 17 G3, which is essentially the same hardware..

What steps would you recommend? I think of the following (in short)

Install using the hotpatch guide (intel graphics only)
Install nvidia web drivers
Customize config.plist and SSDT-ZBook-G3-Skylake.aml files

Is that correct?

Install Nvidia drivers, yes...
But also change config.plist for them (NvidiaWeb=true, remove nv_disable=1).

And you will need to set RMCF.DGPU to 0 (that will prevent disabling of the DGPU through ACPI0. Read the comments in SSDT-RMCF.asl for more details.

Install Nvidia drivers, yes...
But also change config.plist for them (NvidiaWeb=true, remove nv_disable=1).

And you will need to set RMCF.DGPU to 0 (that will prevent disabling of the DGPU through ACPI0. Read the comments in SSDT-RMCF.asl for more details.

Ok, there is also an option in BIOS to use discrete graphics only. I will enable that after the customizations.

Will report back

Ok, there is also an option in BIOS to use discrete graphics only. I will enable that after the customizations.

Will report back

That is something to try, but it might be better to get Nvidia working with an external monitor first.

I installed High Sierra 10.13.5 - Zbook 17 G3

The system boots nicely and is running pretty stable.

HDMI out is not working (as expected) and thunderbolt 3 is not recognised, I believe. I don't have USB-C hardware, but "system report" from "About this Mac" states "No hardware was found".

User @fleaplus reported he uninstalled the MXM graphics card to have HDMI and Thunderbolt 3 functional on other topic (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/install-osx-on-on-hp-zbook-15-g3.206834/).

For me that option is not possible though, as I need discrete graphics on windows usage (dual boot is working fine - win10 on NVME and osx on SSD).

Attached are PR files - note: did not set smbios.plist yet as I will experiment things on graphics, mainly to enable Nvidia support.

Thanks for your dedication, RehabMan.

Attachments

• debug_9703.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 202
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back