Contribute
Register

ZBook 15 G3 success (i7-6700hq)

Status
Not open for further replies.
just tried the new SSDT, it doesn't work
I was wrong.
Just tried again to boot with the file installed from "./install_acpi.sh install_ZBook_G3_skylake" and everything looks good, SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml is not needed anymore.
Maybe yesterday i failed to update my local probook.git folder properly.
Ty,
Frank

I was wrong.
Just tried again to boot with the file installed from "./install_acpi.sh install_ZBook_G3_skylake" and everything looks good, SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml is not needed anymore.
Maybe yesterday i failed to update my local probook.git folder properly.
Ty,
Frank

Please attach "Problem Reporting" files.
I want to check things...

Please attach "Problem Reporting" files.
"Problem Reporting" files as attachment, let me know if i can help somehow
Frank

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 121
"Problem Reporting" files as attachment, let me know if i can help somehow
Frank

Looks good.
Now ioreg shows discrete (AMD) graphics disabled (no PEGP node under PCI0->PEG0).

I just wanted to report that after a week of efforts and digging into this site and the web, I've been able to install and update High Sierra to 10.13.2 on my ZBook 15G3 i7-6700Q Nvidia M2000.

I have 3 internal drives : 2 NVMe with Windows 10 and Linux installed in legacy BIOS mode (not UEFI)
One SATA3 SSD with OSX in UEFI (not taking the whole drive)

BIOS setting are hybrid graphic, 64MB
Disabled VTd/IO

Boot Mode : Enable proprietary mode and secure boot. I had to work out most of the install with proprietary mode and secure mode disabled, but at the end I was able to revert, so I can access all 3 OS without going to bios settings. Only need to enter the boot order menu because I can not switch UEFI first or legacy first.

I also used the High Sierra VirtualBox image found on the Internet to first beable to compile the ACPI stuff from Rehabman various repos (especially the one for HP laptops)

I use :

Clover 4359 (Rehabman fork)

I have the following Kext in Other :
FakeSMC
IntelMausiEthernet
USBInjectAll
VoodooPS3Controller

I use the config_ZBook_G3_Skylake.plist from RehabMan
In ACPI/patched : SSDT-FAN-ORIG.aml / SSDT-IGPU.aml / SSDT-ZBook-G3-Skylake.aml

Not Working :
WiFi, but it seem this was expected as it is an Intel device.
HDMI from the laptop
Thunderbolt 3 and therefore the HP dock
NVidia (not tried anything toward this yet...)

Working :
Keyboard
Trackpad
Sound
Ethernet (wired)
USB (not tested USB 3 yet)

I can see (read only it seems) my Windows Partitions. Any clue on how to get them read write ?

In case it is usefull to anybody, I attached my Full EFI boot partition.

During this (long process) I noticed that sometime OSX was booting only if I removed the boot argument kext-dev-mode=1 and check the without-cache and disable_nvidia checkboxes.
I'm not really sure what the cache button does.

I saw a preliminary kext for WiFi, I'll try that...

thanks for al lthe hard work to rehabman and others

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    26.6 MB · Views: 208
I just wanted to report that after a week of efforts and digging into this site and the web, I've been able to install and update High Sierra to 10.13.2 on my ZBook 15G3 i7-6700Q Nvidia M2000.

I have 3 internal drives : 2 NVMe with Windows 10 and Linux installed in legacy BIOS mode (not UEFI)
One SATA3 SSD with OSX in UEFI (not taking the whole drive)

BIOS setting are hybrid graphic, 64MB
Disabled VTd/IO

Boot Mode : Enable proprietary mode and secure boot. I had to work out most of the install with proprietary mode and secure mode disabled, but at the end I was able to revert, so I can access all 3 OS without going to bios settings. Only need to enter the boot order menu because I can not switch UEFI first or legacy first.

I also used the High Sierra VirtualBox image found on the Internet to first beable to compile the ACPI stuff from Rehabman various repos (especially the one for HP laptops)

I use :

Clover 4359 (Rehabman fork)

I have the following Kext in Other :
FakeSMC
IntelMausiEthernet
USBInjectAll
VoodooPS3Controller

I use the config_ZBook_G3_Skylake.plist from RehabMan
In ACPI/patched : SSDT-FAN-ORIG.aml / SSDT-IGPU.aml / SSDT-ZBook-G3-Skylake.aml

Not Working :
WiFi, but it seem this was expected as it is an Intel device.
HDMI from the laptop
Thunderbolt 3 and therefore the HP dock
NVidia (not tried anything toward this yet...)

Working :
Keyboard
Trackpad
Sound
Ethernet (wired)
USB (not tested USB 3 yet)

I can see (read only it seems) my Windows Partitions. Any clue on how to get them read write ?

In case it is usefull to anybody, I attached my Full EFI boot partition.

During this (long process) I noticed that sometime OSX was booting only if I removed the boot argument kext-dev-mode=1 and check the without-cache and disable_nvidia checkboxes.
I'm not really sure what the cache button does.

I saw a preliminary kext for WiFi, I'll try that...

thanks for al lthe hard work to rehabman and others

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete/wrong (EFI not requested).
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

My previous post was not a problem report, more a success report (I guess some kind of bot was responding).

I can add to my previous post that webcam and mic are working, and I have Wifi though a USB adapter (ALFA AWUS052NH and kext / utility from here https://github.com/chris1111/WIFI-Network-macOS-High-Sierra ) The Utility is a little buggy (you have to fake make a profile and then press cancel to have old profile displayed) but despite this, it seems rock stable (despite the warnings about USB WiFi stability I've been reading here and there)

I'd love to have my Nvidia M2000M working on top of that. Any good/detailed reading pointer for this ?

My previous post was not a problem report, more a success report (I guess some kind of bot was responding).

I can add to my previous post that webcam and mic are working, and I have Wifi though a USB adapter (ALFA AWUS052NH and kext / utility from here https://github.com/chris1111/WIFI-Network-macOS-High-Sierra ) The Utility is a little buggy (you have to fake make a profile and then press cancel to have old profile displayed) but despite this, it seems rock stable (despite the warnings about USB WiFi stability I've been reading here and there)

I'd love to have my Nvidia M2000M working on top of that. Any good/detailed reading pointer for this ?
as per rules, please update your hardware profile:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/

as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Your Nvidia may work with the Nvidia web drivers. But so far, no one has success (as far as I know).
Your HDMI port is directly connected to the Nvidia.

Your laptop has a guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/

Your Nvidia may work with the Nvidia web drivers. But so far, no one has success (as far as I know).
Your HDMI port is directly connected to the Nvidia.

Your laptop has a guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/

I gave a try to Nvidia Drivers but no success so far.
Is it better to keep on this specific ZBook1 5G3 thread or move discussion to the generic HP laptop one ?
Any specific data I can provide for helping in the Nvidia side of things ?

As for other points, I've been adding Rehabman Battery kext and it's working

I can also report USB3 working
Laptop Ethernet is working
Ethernet from the HP dock station is also working throught thunderbolt 3 (even if the thunderbolt menu says "no device found")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back