Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero
CPU
INTEL Quad Core i5-6600K
Graphics
GeForce GTX970
Hi !

So I just ordered the parts for a new hackintosh and chose the "Quad Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz" processor from Intel. It does not come with any fan included, so the user needs to add his own cooling.

I have gotten my hands on a 2006 "Zalman Reserator 1 V2" cooling system, full with the impressive 60cm external radiator tower. However, in the list of sockets compatible, the LGA1151 is not listed. Only the intel sockets "775" and "1366" are listed.

Is it possible to mount this cooling system nonetheless ? In the case it is not, what do you think I should buy to make it possible ?

Thanks in advance,

Hi !

So I just ordered the parts for a new hackintosh and chose the "Quad Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz" processor from Intel. It does not come with any fan included, so the user needs to add his own cooling.

I have gotten my hands on a 2006 "Zalman Reserator 1 V2" cooling system, full with the impressive 60cm external radiator tower. However, in the list of sockets compatible, the LGA1151 is not listed. Only the intel sockets "775" and "1366" are listed.

Is it possible to mount this cooling system nonetheless ? In the case it is not, what do you think I should buy to make it possible ?

Thanks in advance,
No, it won't work. Best to get a cooler certified for the 1151 socket.

Actually, from my own experiences on a 3570k and a Reserator 1v1, the first one it can work depending on water block wb3 or the wb4 3ways to go about it 1.diy with screws (wb4) 2 take the 775 bracket and make the screw holes into ovals ,also depends on the bracket there's 2 one has oval holes to accommodate 1155 and the other are round 775 the first I do believe is the csb2 something it's what comes on the cnps 9700 for 1155 works all the same but but you can make the 775 one work the newer one just has no backplate instead some plastic screw caps for support the original back plate won't work as the 1155 backplate gets in the way but it can work Google zalman reserator on i5 3570k overclocking.net build is my build done with the reserator

Actually, from my own experiences on a 3570k and a Reserator 1v1, the first one it can work depending on water block wb3 or the wb4 3ways to go about it 1.diy with screws (wb4) 2 take the 775 bracket and make the screw holes into ovals ,also depends on the bracket there's 2 one has oval holes to accommodate 1155 and the other are round 775 the first I do believe is the csb2 something it's what comes on the cnps 9700 for 1155 works all the same but but you can make the 775 one work the newer one just has no backplate instead some plastic screw caps for support the original back plate won't work as the 1155 backplate gets in the way but it can work Google zalman reserator on i5 3570k overclocking.net build is my build done with the reserator
I tried to read you post, really I did. But, the lack of punctuation (run on sentences) and lack capitalization of proper nouns made your post unreadable.

I tried to read you post, really I did. But, the lack of punctuation (run on sentences) and lack capitalization of proper nouns made your post unreadable.
Sorry on a phone basically yes it can work .it all depends on what cpu block you have , zm-wb3 or zm-wb4.it also depends on if you have the bracket for 1155 or 775 .you can modify the 775 one to have oval holes instead of round ones . the 1155 one has oval holes .the clip support b is already made for it if you can find it ,I had a hard time finding it ,and in the end just ended up being the same as making the other original one have oval holes.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1531023/build
That's a link to my original build .i have since moved on to custom loop .i will say this with a replacement pump made all the difference ,it kept my over locked non delidded 3570k 4.5 below 80c which is pretty cool for a 12 year old cooler.in short though, if you only have the original bracket for 775 it can work I used a chainsaw sharpener to make the hole bigger

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back