ASUS P9X79-LE
CPU
i7 3970X
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
ZALMAN Hackintosh Sound Card for Yosemite

Hello friends, ever since I built my ASUS P9X79-LE, i7 3970X Hackintosh I’ve been struggling with audio. It’s not that I couldn’t get it working, I could, it’s just that the sound quality was awful and there was this loud boom every time I would boot up and the OS loaded (pretty embarrassing). I tried every audio solution and kext that I could get to work and I just couldn’t get the sound that would complement my speakers. Well, I found a great alternative. The ZALMAN ZM-RSSC USB sound card. I bought mine new on eBay for only $9.89 (with free shipping!). Because I wanted a clean uniformed look I didn’t want a solution where I would have to look at an external device hanging off the back of my computer. So I took a vented PCI slot cover (or whatever it’s called) and cut out a slot so that it would allow me to access the three audio ports. Then using a glue gun I glued it to the ZALMAN ZM-RSSC to the slot cover. Put it in the computer, ran the USB mini power cord through a wire vent in my case. Powered up my machine and it now has clear and powerful sound - and I do mean powerful! :headbang: I could barely turn it up without the sound blasting through the house (BTW, the ZALMAN has three volume dials on it). Needless to say I’m very pleased with myself. This is a great solution guys.

Attachments

• IMAG0304.jpg
    IMAG0304.jpg
    721 KB · Views: 291
  • IMAG0306.jpg
    IMAG0306.jpg
    549.4 KB · Views: 299
  • IMAG0302.jpg
    IMAG0302.jpg
    523 KB · Views: 278
  • IMAG0301.jpg
    IMAG0301.jpg
    762.8 KB · Views: 317
  • IMAG0297.jpg
    IMAG0297.jpg
    540.5 KB · Views: 250
*UPDATE ON YOSEMITE AUDIO FIX: I found that the glue from the glue gun weakened due to heat and the sound card would lean downward away from the supporting PIC slot cover, as if it were going to fall off. So I pulled it and re-glued it with Gorilla Glue and its on there solidly now. Keep in mind that Gorilla Glue expands as it hardens so all you'll need is very little.

Attachments

• IMAG0350.jpg
    IMAG0350.jpg
    756.5 KB · Views: 246
  • IMAG0348.jpg
    IMAG0348.jpg
    695.4 KB · Views: 232
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back