Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I finished building my first hackintosh a couple of weeks ago, and I still have some lingering questions. In my windows partition, everything works perfectly. Display is hooked up through thunderbolt, speakers are hooked up through the display, devices are hooked up to the display, it recognizes everything, just with the thunderbolt wire connecting the two. And unless I'm mistaken it even recognizes both my discrete and integrated graphics cards.

No complaints.

Only problem is, I built a hackintosh not just a PC! So I realize that iMessage is dependent on using clover right now but what about thunderbolt? It recognizes it and my display will work through it, but sound doesn't work, USB devices hooked up to the display aren't recognized, and even though both of my graphics cards show up, from what I'm hearing, OS X won't utilize my dedicated card for gaming when I have my display hooked up with thunderbolt.

I love the idea of just being able to switch the one thunderbolt wire from my hackintosh to my macbook pro and everything just works.

Is any of it possible? Or am I doomed to having wires everywhere?

Only problem is, I built a hackintosh not just a PC! So I realize that iMessage is dependent on using clover right now but what about thunderbolt? It recognizes it and my display will work through it, but sound doesn't work, USB devices hooked up to the display aren't recognized, and even though both of my graphics cards show up, from what I'm hearing, OS X won't utilize my dedicated card for gaming when I have my display hooked up with thunderbolt.

I love the idea of just being able to switch the one thunderbolt wire from my hackintosh to my macbook pro and everything just works.

Is any of it possible? Or am I doomed to having wires everywhere?

For Audio - see here, read and ask related questions:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/

For your video enquiry - what connection are you using from GPU to monitor?
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back