Contribute
Register

Z97X-UD5H Random Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to abandon this mainboard after having an offer to upgrade, was working "ok" with 16GB of ram then started getting random failures on shutdown and deadbeef errors on boot up occasionally. In short I am over it lol, should have learnt my lesson from the Z68X-UD3H with the BIOS corruption issues.

Will let you guys know how how I go with the Asus Maximus Hero VII :)

Everything seems ok now, 32GB ram fully loaded, no more deadbeef errors on boot, no lockups :) been doing a bit of work in final cut pro today

Will keep an eye on it over the week, didn't even need to reinstall.

Everything seems ok now, 32GB ram fully loaded, no more deadbeef errors on boot, no lockups :) been doing a bit of work in final cut pro today

Will keep an eye on it over the week, didn't even need to reinstall.

So whats changed? it would be useful to record it so other people can learn from this.

Rob

Ditched the Gigabyte board and put in the ASUS Maximus Hero VII after seeing some success reports. Disabled the onboard stuff as per usual and set the CPU to 4.5ghz. OS X booted straight up with no reinstall and its been fine so far, will say its perfect in a week once its had a decent run but it would usually lockup by now or at the very least get that stupid deadbeef KP on boot that comes and goes on the Z97X-UD5H.

To be honest the only reason I brought the Gigabyte was because Tonymac recommended it. I would love to know what makes my board and the other users having issues so different from the ones that work fine, could be revisions or something who knows.

Ditched the Gigabyte board and put in the ASUS Maximus Hero VII after seeing some success reports. Disabled the onboard stuff as per usual and set the CPU to 4.5ghz. OS X booted straight up with no reinstall and its been fine so far, will say its perfect in a week once its had a decent run but it would usually lockup by now or at the very least get that stupid deadbeef KP on boot that comes and goes on the Z97X-UD5H.

To be honest the only reason I brought the Gigabyte was because Tonymac recommended it. I would love to know what makes my board and the other users having issues so different from the ones that work fine, could be revisions or something who knows.

Ok. Sorry you had the problem. I've had three Gigabytes in a row, a G31M, a Z87 UD3H and a Z97X UD5H and all have worked for me. Clearly you've had all my bad luck. :banghead: Sorry

Did you ever try Clover? I only say this as I had issues with Multibeast in a similar way but the system has been pretty solid with Clover. I've had one crash in the last few weeks. I've also had around one crash on my Macbook Pro and iMac so I get much the same reliability as genuine stuff.

Rob

I gave clover a go but didn't get very far with it and had freezing issues almost immediately when booting in, different from what the multibeast install was doing though.

Didn't like the boot loader either lol was doing some weird things with the UEFI boot system and trying to boot off the 1 SSD regardless of if it was at the top of the priority list which was really weird... Ran out of time and was getting way too frustrated lol gets quite annoying when you spend more time trying to fix the system than doing video editing lol. I had done ASUS builds many moons ago and had much more success with stability and their better BIOS's so I thought it was worth another go :)

My Z68X-UD3H was very stable to be honest but it had this habit of corrupting its bios and getting stuck in a reboot loop over and over that wore thin lol.

This might be a ram problem? if it's 2 sticks of 8gb ram (16GB in total)... try to use only 1 stick of 8GB ram...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back