Motherboard
Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
2 x R9 280X
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
I thought this might be useful. These are all pictures I could take of the BIOS settings for my Hackintosh. I use a 4770 CPU and have 32GB. This setup is rock solid and has never crashed due to hardware (AFAIK).

I put it here as it might be useful to somebody rebuilding their system or for getting the right system settings.

I am NOT a hardware expert, I do not overclock or tweak things to get 2% more performance. Please do not ask me about things like this as I cannot help.

Attachments

Motherboard
Z97X-UD3H - F8
CPU
I7-4790
Mac
MacBook Pro
I thought this might be useful. These are all pictures I could take of the BIOS settings for my Hackintosh. I use a 4770 CPU and have 32GB. This setup is rock solid and has never crashed due to hardware (AFAIK).

I put it here as it might be useful to somebody rebuilding their system or for getting the right system settings.

I am NOT a hardware expert, I do not overclock or tweak things to get 2% more performance. Please do not ask me about things like this as I cannot help.
That's great, I will compare that carefully on next reboot.

A few questions:
  • What revision is your board (mine is rev 1.2)
  • Do you put the machine to sleep at all? I heard that can cause problems. It's my wife's machine and she puts it to sleep every night.

Motherboard
Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
2 x R9 280X
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
No idea on board revision to be honest. How would I know apart from looking at the board which is deep inside a case.

I never sleep it per se as it's used 24/7, it often does big database runs that take days or longer.

It does get rebooted as I also have Windows 10 and sometime have to boot to a native machine. I do use VMWare Fusion but some stuff needs 'real' windows.