Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H - F8
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I've built a hackintosh, and for the first time I'm regretting it.

It's built around the GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK board, and I've been having memory issues.

Once in a while, the system will panic (spontaneous reboot followed by the multilingual screen).

Other times, I seem to get memory corruption in application space, which causes weird problems. Today it was chrome, that wouldn't open tabs anymore, sometimes it's a glitch in some other application.

To me it all points to memory problems.

Here are some specs:

GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
Memory 32 Gb: CML16GX3M2A1600C10 x 4
Bios: F8

I've actually replaced the ram, and bought those sticks specifically because they were listed in the memory compatibility list provided by Gigabyte.

I's frustrating because the system is 'almost stable' I can put it to sleep, wake it up, audio works.

Any ideas?

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile

Thanks for pointing that out. I think I've filled in the profile as required. Any ideas on the RAM issues?

I have the Z97X UDH5 Black. I cannot remember what memory I have but it's 32GB as well.

The memory you list appears to be correct and is from a reputable memory dealer.

There are masses of BIOS settings that can be changed, it's unclear what you have set. I almost never go into the BIOS and change anything as my Z97X is rock solid. Never crashed due to memory AFAIK.

I had a set of pictures for my BIOS setting. These are from my machine.

See if they match yours.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back