CPU
i7-5775C
Graphics
AMD WX Pro 4100
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am not sure if this is the right location for this post, but yesterday my motherboard died. It's a Ga z97x Gaming 7.

I think the BIOS is corrupt, actually both BIOS, as it has a small switch for secondary BIOS. in either position it boots to a black screen with a blinking dash. It give an A9 code, which is bios starting, all it says.

I have tried pretty much everything I could think of or read on the internet. Removing everything, tried new keyboard, etc changed USB slots. removed all memory sticks except one, ran through all the sticks. Removed the battery, shorted the battery thingy. Cleared CMOS with the switch for it. Unplugged it for hours with no battery. Nothing works so far.

Any ideas ?? Does anyone have any suggestions ??

I am thinking of buying new BIOS chips and having them replaced, does anyone have any experience with this sort of change ??

Any advice is welcome

Thanks,

Manuel

PS I also emailed Gigabyte Support and have yet to hear back from them.

Last edited:
Thanks I'll get the Kit !!!! need to try and save the board, it was a good board until it went blank. i will give it a try !!

Thanks again !!!!!

@manolo2001

Hi. Hope you got your BIOS and board back up and running. Do you have a USBMaps.kext for this MB that your willing to share? I have the same MB and am upgrading the Hackintosh to OC 0.6.6.

Thanks

@manolo2001

Hi. Hope you got your BIOS and board back up and running. Do you have a USBMaps.kext for this MB that your willing to share? I have the same MB and am upgrading the Hackintosh to OC 0.6.6.

Thanks
Hi, I tried to reflash the chips but they would not work, so I ended up buying two new BIOS chips, will have them installed (soldered) and then reflashed, see if that makes the board work. Still waiting on the chips.

I don't have a USBMaps.kextm I just use the kexts in the dortania guide and they work fine. USBinjectll.kext I think it is.
Never had an issue with USB 2 or 3. Sorry I can't be of more help !!!

I am currently running OC 0.6.4, 0.6.5 and trying to install 0.6.6 they generally work really well.

Having some trouble with the RX580 though as it is displaying on one display only, should be doing two. But I think it's a matter of changing the platform ID value in device properties will be playing with that later on. But I have never had the kext you want.

Sorry,

Manolo

Both the board and gpu died, so it's not the config file, but I'll try and see it I have a copy somewhere as I have a new board running. Definitely something was very wrong with one of the parts and probably damaged the other

Both the board and gpu died, so it's not the config file, but I'll try and see it I have a copy somewhere as I have a new board running. Definitely something was very wrong with one of the parts and probably damaged the other

What board are you running now?

supermicro X10SAE

just installed a xeon e3 and RX 560 all running well just having some trouble with the second ethernet port and a couple of toshiba x300 8TB drives that will not work for some reason, all else good and solid. triple boot as well, Linux, windows and Big Sur. For some reason windows 10 would not install so i'm running windows server 2019 with the desktop configuration, pretty much the same thing, but actually it's a pretty good windows version if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back