Motherboard
GA-Z97X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7 4970S
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
I am not sure if this is the right location for this post, but yesterday my motherboard died. It's a Ga z97x Gaming 7.

I think the BIOS is corrupt, actually both BIOS, as it has a small switch for secondary BIOS. in either position it boots to a black screen with a blinking dash. It give an A9 code, which is bios starting, all it says.

I have tried pretty much everything I could think of or read on the internet. Removing everything, tried new keyboard, etc changed USB slots. removed all memory sticks except one, ran through all the sticks. Removed the battery, shorted the battery thingy. Cleared CMOS with the switch for it. Unplugged it for hours with no battery. Nothing works so far.

Any ideas ?? Does anyone have any suggestions ??

I am thinking of buying new BIOS chips and having them replaced, does anyone have any experience with this sort of change ??

Any advice is welcome

Thanks,

Manuel

PS I also emailed Gigabyte Support and have yet to hear back from them.

Last edited:
Motherboard
AsRock H97M-Pro4
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Motherboard
ASUS Z390-I Gaming
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@manolo2001

Hi. Hope you got your BIOS and board back up and running. Do you have a USBMaps.kext for this MB that your willing to share? I have the same MB and am upgrading the Hackintosh to OC 0.6.6.

Thanks

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7 4970S
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
@manolo2001

Hi. Hope you got your BIOS and board back up and running. Do you have a USBMaps.kext for this MB that your willing to share? I have the same MB and am upgrading the Hackintosh to OC 0.6.6.

Thanks
Hi, I tried to reflash the chips but they would not work, so I ended up buying two new BIOS chips, will have them installed (soldered) and then reflashed, see if that makes the board work. Still waiting on the chips.

I don't have a USBMaps.kextm I just use the kexts in the dortania guide and they work fine. USBinjectll.kext I think it is.
Never had an issue with USB 2 or 3. Sorry I can't be of more help !!!

I am currently running OC 0.6.4, 0.6.5 and trying to install 0.6.6 they generally work really well.

Having some trouble with the RX580 though as it is displaying on one display only, should be doing two. But I think it's a matter of changing the platform ID value in device properties will be playing with that later on. But I have never had the kext you want.

Sorry,

Manolo