Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there!

So I built my hackintosh like 6 weeks ago with this :

- Gygabites Z97X UD3H BK
- Intel i5 4670K
- EVGA GTX 760
- 2x crucial ballistix 8go

After a few troubles I seemed to have a fine running system, booting without any flags, pretty smooth

but from time to time when I started my computer after one night I would have a system freeze like two minutes after boot. By restarting one or two times I worked but the freezes became more and more frequents and now it seems to freeze at every boot :( I tried changing the ram to 1333Mhz but it doesn't worked

any idea guys ??

thanks

Hi basdatch,

I started out on a Z87-HD and replaced this board for a GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK.
I'm using a i7 4790.
I replaced the RAM (2 x 8GB) 3 times for other RAM (Gigabyte certified list),
replaced the SSD startup-disk,
replaced the graphics card (GTX760 / GTX670),
tried switching off xmp profile 1, and all other tweaks and MB-settings I could find on this forum.
Multiple fresh installs, OSX 10.9.5, even OS X 10.10.0
With or whithout USB peripherals.

But I keep getting these random freezes!
Did you have any luck finding a solution?

Hope you did finalize your build and give me some tips!

Hi,

After just reinstalling multibeast and CPUNullPowerManagement I believe everything is working fine for now, no freezes after several reboots!

Only thing I'm concerned about now is my keyboard, in fact whenever I plug an USB device in my comp, my keyboard weirdly switches to older vesions, by that I mean that the functions key such as volume, play/next song/previous etc do not respond anymore, as well as my backspace key, btw the numerc pad never worked so if anyone nows something about that :( can't find it in the forum

Hi basdatch,

After a brief holiday from this frustrating build, I decided to give it a fresh start one more time:

• checked BIOS: VT-d - disabled / WOL - disabled / XMP Profile 1 (for now with Normal - not enhanced - stability)
  • removed GTX760 to make sure it's not the graphic card causing the panic
  • only used 1 stick DDR3

UniBeast install went kinda smooth. OS X 10.10.1 / UB 5.02 / MB 7.02
Installed MultiBeast kexts one at a time, using KextUtility in between. Keeping it very basic.
After a few hours... system froze again.

(BTW: I updated my Z77X-system to Yosemite with success, it's great)

Next thing I'll do is try (again) with Enhanced Stability setting in Bios.

About your USB-problem: did you set xHCI to Auto (and not Smart Auto) in bios ?
I had many problems with USB keyboard and mouse. System would freeze completely when connecting or disconnecting.

Still, all help / advice is very welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back