Z87X-UD5H Screen resolution/iMessage problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
mac pro 3.1 OSX 10.9
CPU
i7 4770k @ 3,9
Graphics
onboard of gb z87x-ud5h (ordered gb gtx 770 windforce)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi wildwillow,

as you can see in my signature/profile, i have a very similar build to yours.
right now i installed mavericks on my build the third time, cause for me multi beast is messing things a little bit up. so when i make a clean install from usb, setting up ist pretty much like setting up a real mac. i get my my App Store and iCloud working, Apple TV gives me sound and i don't really feel any difference between my mbp and my hackintosh (exept my hackintosh is 4 times faster :) ). pci wifi module is working without any issues. only thing i don't get working "out of the box" without running multi beast is my 29" monitor with 2560x1080 resolution and iMessage. right now i'm only using internal graphics since my GB gtx 670 is not here yet.
when i run multi beast 6 and install the suggested dsdt free from quick start and in addition the 1080p option in customize (which i edit afterwards to 2560x1080x32) my bluetooth keyboard starts randomly disconnecting and connecting. it worked fine before, even wake from sleep - no issues. monitor is on 2560x1080 during boot but when it comes to desktop switches back to 1920x1080. any hints concerning this?
with iMessage i tried some other fix here on the forum (How to Fix iMessage) and it did not work out for me. did you get it going?
any help will be great. otherwise i will forget about iMessage on my hackintosh and use 1920x1080 resolution till my graphics card is here, then i will have to start over again anyways :)
kind regards and thanks for your guide here its really great.
cheers, willy

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

hi wildwillow,

when i run multi beast 6 and install the suggested dsdt free from quick start and in addition the 1080p option in customize (which i edit afterwards to 2560x1080x32) my bluetooth keyboard starts randomly disconnecting and connecting. it worked fine before, even wake from sleep - no issues. monitor is on 2560x1080 during boot but when it comes to desktop switches back to 1920x1080. any hints concerning this?

As you have added the correct graphics mode in your plist, In System Preferences>Displays>Scaled is it giving you the option to raise the screen resolution. For the blue tooth problem I have no idea as I am not using it.

iMessage i tried some other fix here on the forum (How to Fix iMessage) and it did not work out for me. did you get it going?
cheers, willy

Yes I have iMessage working. What I did was to place the FileNVRam 1.1.2 in the /Extra/Modules folder. Booted with UseKernelCache=No just once and then signed in after changing my password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back