GT 640
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
[SUCCESS!] Z87X-UD3H i5-4670k Mountain Lion installation problems

Hi, this is my second build so im still fairly new to building these hackintosh. I took this build right off of the "December 2013 CustoMac Pro" Build. This is my build:

-Gigabyte z87x-ud3h
-Intel core i5-4670k
-Corsair 500R case
-16gb Vengeance Ram
-On-board graphics card
-1 TB Barracuda

Here is my issue:
I successfully got my hackintosh to boot to Snow-Leopard 10.6.5, i installed the latest Snow-Leopard Multi-Beast (3.10.1), and before i click install on multibeast, i do the 10.6.6 Combo update, after that i click install multibeast, and finally i click "Restart" on the 10.6.6 Combo Update. After doing so i boot up again iboot, and boot into my snow leopard. I get to my desktop homepage to do the Mountain Lion update (since its the os that i want to stay on, i dont want to switch to mavericks yet) i succesfully run the Mountain Lion Update, and when i reboot, it takes me to the chimera boot and it automatically loads from my SSD, i reach the white screen with the apple logo, but it doesnt load after that.

I tried booting from iboot, but when i do so i boot back to snow leopard 10.6.6. Im stuck here in limbo, Can anyone guide me on how to get past this problem? Or maybe redirect my to an article that has somthing like my build? im honestly a little lost with the Multibeast settings im supposed to input in my snow leopard multi beast settings. Any help is greeted! Thanks tonymac community

UPDATE: 1/8/2013
I successfuly booted directly to my Mavericks Unibeast, and achieved getting to the installer using PCIRootUID=1. Still stuck at White apple loading screen.

UPDATE: 1/8/2013
Turns out that the problem this whole time was that Mavericks ddnt read my onboard graphics because i was connected on the VGA port. I simply switched to DVI-D and booted to proceed to installing Mavericks. I already installed Multibeast, but for some reason, i dont get the main Chimera boot screen with the little round logo and the load bar, i just get the ablack screen with text and a count down, and then i move onto the normal white apple boot screen. Besides that, everything is running smoothly. Oh one more thing, for some reason when im booting, my dvd drive randomly ejects by itself. Thanks for all the help guys!

Hi! thanks for the quick reply! I have made some progress, i made Unibeast to install Mavericks instead and i successfully installed Mavericks usig PCIRootUID=1. Im in the process of rebooting after the install, but i "Think" i gotta boot again using the same code i entered. Anywho, i will disable VT-d and see what happens from there. Il reply again with results if i failed or not! once again thanks for the prompt answer!

did you disabled VT-d?
And why you installing from 10.6.6? Create 10.8.5 Install USB using Unibeast 6

Noob question, how do i disable VT-d? Is it "Intel Virtualization Technology"? if not, how do i find it?

Noob question, how do i disable VT-d? Is it "Intel Virtualization Technology"? if not, how do i find it?
You have a K processor so the option to disable VT-d is unavailable.

What issue are you running into now?

ah that explains alot why i cant find it. Well, i successfuly installed Mavericks, i boot into Unibeast once again, and i boot to mavericks and i seem to stay at the white apple loading screen. Ive tried loading into "GraphicsEnabler=Yes", "PCIRootUID=1", "PCIRootUID=0", and npci=0x3000" and "-x" and ive had no success, no matter what, i seem to be stuck in the white apple loading screen.
My BIOS is currently version F7, the only changes i have done is:

Under Peripherals > xHCI Mode, change it to AUTO
Under Peripherals > xHCI Hand-OFF, change it to ENABLED
Under Peripherals > EHCI Hand-OFF, Change it to Enabled
Under Peripherals > Init Display First>First option (onboard graphics)

I currently have no progress, all ive been able to do is install Mavericks

I have the exact same issue. I have no problem with Snow Leopard. I am updating to Mountain Lion an stuck completely. I also am connected thru VGA. I will try HDMI as i dont have a DVI monitor.

Well.. indeed It was the VGA... seems Mountain Lion works through DVI or HDMI. I plugged my system to my TV with HDMI and it now runs smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back