Contribute
Register

Z87X - random freezes PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even now with the F8 BIOS all the adjusting I have been trying, even switched browsers. It still freezes, with just two sticks the system is flawless. The only thing left to do now is to throw it out the window, so send it back to Gigabyte, the former is very tempting. :)

I have the same MB as you. In the last week, my system runs 24/7. If did freeze once. I'm still waiting for more data to see if it is a real problem. BUT, if you want a stable system, I'm not sure overclocking to 4.5 GHz is a good idea. That could be at least one source of your freezes.

Hi i had similar Problems, as it started it was quite often. I replaced the Ram and i got less freezes, but it still froze once a day. I checked the Bios Setting of my Kingston Blu Ram and it had wrong timings at 1600 Mhz. I corrected the timings as specified for the Ram an my System Runs now fine and stable

I am leading towards RMA`ing this MB. I had more than five freezes today, the most recent was just before this post. I've tried increasing Sys Ajent, IO voltages, adjusted settings from Auto to Manual, X.M.P. Off, even tried to take the speed from 1600MHz to 1333MHz. The only thing I know that really works, is if I remove two of the sticks. I don't want to run it that way because I bought 32GB to use it, not to sideline one set. This is so disturbing, I am now looking at ASUS as a better buy because they seem to take care in testing their products well before actually rushing them to market.

Made Change with no difference.

Ran 5 hours before freeze.

But Im open to change

If this is a clue my machine has run as long as five full days. Loaded down with just
about everything up and running.

And sometimes it freezes 5 times a day.

Steve

My machine has never been over clocked.
I running 2 Corsair Vengeance 16mg sat 1600 mhz.

The greatest degree of success I have had is to go into System Preferences and taking the speakers
to Digital Output (effetely taking them offline). No Failures for 9 days. Im retired so I start at 8:00 am
and go to 11:00 pm.

Anything else I might try

Congratulations
The C-Stats are the trick.

I change my “C” State (Under CPU Advanced) back in February
I have not had a single freeze since that time !!!!!
Its was so successful that I doubled the memory speed and Overlocked the CPU same month!!!
I have not had a single freeze since February

The “C” states are the clue to make this work!!!

Good Luck everybody I'm so delighted I can't describe how I feel.

Scifisteve

Congratulations
The C-Stats are the trick.

I change my “C” State (Under CPU Advanced) back in February
I have not had a single freeze since that time !!!!!
Its was so successful that I doubled the memory speed and Overlocked the CPU same month!!!
I have not had a single freeze since February

The “C” states are the clue to make this work!!!

Good Luck everybody I'm so delighted I can't describe how I feel.

Scifisteve

What did you change your C-States to?

Also, isn't this a bad idea though? Don't the C-States dictate low power consumption?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back