Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
I made a change in the Bios the other day and selected Save & Exit - instead of exiting, it locked up at that bios screen. Next attempt at booting resulted in the Gigabyte banner displayed but no keyboard input would do anything.

So I moved the bios switch to Main (apparently I was running on the backup bios all this time for some reason)... booting there just gives me a largish flashing cursor a few inches to the right of the left margin. No keyboard entry will affect this either.

After maybe a half hour of horsing around with the 2 bios switches and trying countless power-down, power-ups, holding down the cmos reset button for lengthy periods (30 seconds or so), holding in the power and reset buttons, at some point, with the bios select switch set to 'backup', I finally get to a prompt that says "bios has changed" or something... then 3 options, so I go into bios, set it all up again, and exit. At this point we're back in the saddle, sort of.

Problem now is apparently I cannot figure out how to 'recover' the main bios - I just get that large flashing cursor if I try to boot while switched to main. I hate to risk running on only the backup bios.

Anyone out there in Gigabyte wizard land know how to fix this? I have tried Gigabyte forums but they're essentially useless, apparently.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back