Contribute
Register

z87x-D3H OC + Mavericks i4670K @ 4.1 Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
mac pro 1,1
CPU
2x Intel Xeon> Need full CPU model name > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
7300 GT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hackintosh success story! Thanks for the guides, tools and threads. All were very helpful in this vanilla build.

The specs:
intel i5 haswell 4670k 3.4ghz (OC to 4.1ghz)
gigabyte GA-z87x-d3H
crucial M4 SSD fusion drived with a WD Green 1TB 5400 RPM drive
8GB of Crucial ballistic pc12800 @ 1600mhz 9-9-9 memory (OC to 1866)
usb bt adapter from the build guide
thermalake 700w psu
onboard video (closet server)
coolermaster evo 212 CPU cooler
fractal designs R4 case (silent running version)
Mac Pro(3,1) multi-beast

for those who are interested:
I was able to get 4.3GHz out of this processor and I think it would go higher, but the proc temps were approaching 70 degC...so i backed it down to 4.1 GHz. It is working at full tilt around 62 degC, which is ok. maybe I'll get greedy and go 4.2Ghz:headbang:

the resting CPU temp is around 30-40 deg C depending on the power management voodoo magic.

memory OC is pretty good. i have not noticed any weirdness or memory issues/errors. I just ordered 16 GB more so that's fun. :geek:

couple of notes: The bios of this board only displays at VGA resolutions (use built on vga port), but Mavericks doesn't support VGA, so you've got to switch to DVI or HDMI to boot after your soft clock OC/bios edits. Maybe gigabyte has a bios update, but i'm too lazy for that -- i'll just switch the cables. :thumbup:

enet works, maps works, dvds play, trim enabled. it is a good hackintosh for around $750.

if I were to do it over again I would get a faster SSD(writes are a lil slow). Fusion drive is cool, but SSD raid0 is cool too...idk

EDIT: used iMAC 14,2 system definition for stability purposes. it is much closer to the hardware of this build.
Otherwise, it is still going...

4.3@1866.pngScreen Shot 2013-11-07 at 6.00.37 PM.png
Scores from 4.3 OC before things got to hot...:problem:
invest in robust cooling.

Thanks for the post, I will keep messing with the memory to see if there is any more juice... updates coming soon!

Hi, have a GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD5H, 4770K, shappire 7770 oc 2gb ddr5, SSD crucial, etc...

install 10.9 my hack...

over to 4.6 ghz an memorys 2000 mhz (kingston 1600 hyperx) stable all, use the thermaltake frio extreme (cooler) 28C normal to 78C full... 1.38V auto (full)

I have 1 big problem.. don't wake up after sleep...

sound ok
network ok
wireless try 7 card but don't work.
usb 3.0 all ok
haswell thermal is ok.

Problem, sleeping , no sleep !

a) sleep but don't wake up motherboard show code 03 .... 03 not show in manual, shi..

Sorry for my english, please help, i need sleeping

my hack doesn't sleep. it is busy serving up plex to the free world (or the cousins...)

so I don't really have that issue, however, mine sleeps ok, but does not wake up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back