i5-4670K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

Just wanted to start saying thanks for the site you maintain helping so many noobs like me...
I just got the hardware from this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/113700-choosing-hardware.html

Z87N wifi
I5 4640k
1x 8gb 1600 kingston
1tb hdd
cx500m

Received it yesterday night and after assembly been messing with bios trying to disable especialy vt-d since so many seem to cant boot into osx with it enabled, but mine is grayed out, cant change it. Even tried to update the bios version to f4 but its the same.
Just used optimized settings and tried to install.
Always in verbose mode to see if it would hang somewhere, but when the loading ended the display just got "rain". Tried again and same thing so i just stared to the screen, when i started to hard reset it the language screen showed up. Rebooted again and waited for some 4 minutes with the screen with "rain", finaly i choosed lang, went to disk util, divided it in 2 partitions. After install started with unibeast and instaled multibeast dsdt free, audio, lan. Restarted and boot0 error.
Have to repair it tonight.
I stranged the display being with "rain" and cant modify the setting vt-d in bios.
Any thoughts?
Thank you

Hi

Just used optimized settings and tried to install.
Always in verbose mode to see if it would hang somewhere, but when the loading ended the display just got "rain". Tried again and same thing so i just stared to the screen, when i started to hard reset it the language screen showed up. Rebooted again and waited for some 4 minutes with the screen with "rain", finaly i choosed lang, went to disk util, divided it in 2 partitions. After install started with unibeast and instaled multibeast dsdt free, audio, lan. Restarted and boot0 error.
Have to repair it tonight.
I stranged the display being with "rain" and cant modify the setting vt-d in bios.
Any thoughts?
Thank you

If VT-d is grayed out it just means your CPU doesn't support it anyway. Nothing you need to do.
Not sure what you mean by "rain" could you post a picture? Fix the boot0 Error and then
proceed from there.

Hi
I managed to solve the common boot0 error with dd command.
Seems everything working except the problem when starting the login just like in installation.
The "rain" i refer to is this in the attachments. It last some 4 minutes and then all fine.
I will check other guides but until now i did not seen anyone talking about this...

Attachments

• 2013-11-08 18.44.21.jpg
    2013-11-08 18.44.21.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 221
  • 2013-11-08 18.44.31.jpg
    2013-11-08 18.44.31.jpg
    947.4 KB · Views: 152
On-board video or did you supply your own Graphics Card?

I've seen the boot0 error sometimes from not selecting the USB as the boot option then your OS partition (since Chimera hasn't been installed) or because of the hard drive being 1TB.

This is using only the hd4600. About 4 minutes of "rain" before desktop appears.

Please post your 'org.chameleon.Boot.plist' using [ code ] Information from your file here [ /code ].

Where I have 'code' and '/code' in the brackets, be sure to remove any spaces.

Here you go, it is all by default:

[ code ] <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>
[ /code ]

Here you go, it is all by default:

[ code ] <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>
[ /code ]

Did you try the different boot flags from here :

http://www.tonymacx86.com/378-new-intel-hd-graphics-boot-flags-chimera.html

The default one is different to the one for your cpu.

No, i never benn i that page, thank you for the link.
So i just need to add to my boot.plist

Igplatform
0D220003 (Chimera HD 4600 Default)

Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back