Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello I have a SPDIF-In cable plugged into my motherboard but mavericks doesn't seem to detect it. I have the Realtek 892 audio driver installed from multibeast. I'm hoping that someone knows how to get mavericks to be able to detect the SPDIF-in cable on my machine?

Other than the changes/options that are available through System Preferences in the dock you should also have a look at Audio MIDI Setup. You will find this by selecting 'Launchpad' from the dock and then 'other'. You will find if it is listed then you may just need to make some changes.

You may also need to use an app that can use that input.

If you can't get it working then have a look over this thread.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/112461-mavericks-no-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

You may well need to prepare your own IOJones for fault finding - so read up and follow those links. :thumbup:

Adrian B

Hello I have a SPDIF-In cable plugged into my motherboard but mavericks doesn't seem to detect it.
Supported with the ALC885. Edits required to add SPDIFIn to ALC892 AppleHDA,kext. See Mavericks: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

More Information
2. M-Realtek ALC AppleHDA Customization.pdf

• ex., Manual speaker and headphone selection, Substitute SPDIF-2 Wire Output

toleda I got to step 4 in your customizations pdf for adding spdif to my 892 kext. The problem is that I can't figure out where the HDAHardwareConfigDriver is located so that I can edit the info.plist file like the step explains.

edit:
Never mind, I found it.

Hello, first of all, congratulate the people who make this work possible.

I have the same problem as CamelCase. Thanks to this website I have a Mac that everything is perfect, except for the digital audio (S / PDIF).

My motherboard is a GA-D3H-Z87MX Realtek ALC892 codecs with.

I have tried to understand the Mavericks Guide to Realtek, which gives us Toleda (by the way, thanks), but I fail to understand clearly that I have to do. and understand that CamelCase did he get digital sound enabled successfully.

Thank you and excuse my English.

I have the same problem as CamelCase. Thanks to this website I have a Mac that everything is perfect, except for the digital audio (S / PDIF).
Which?
1. SPDIF/Out (supported)
2. SPDIF/In (custom/camelCaseD)?

Toleda, but I greatly appreciate your response, I feel I do not quite understand, imagine my limitation with the language, Still, reading and rereading the guide you posted, I guess devo kizas say more about my problem.

With Multibeast 6.0.1, perform the post-install OSX, indicating make installation "DSDT free", The Drivers, bootloader, customize, etc ......

To install the sound driver ALC892 codec that belongs to my motherboard gigabyte z87mx-d3h in Audio ID: 1, injection kext.

Excuse my stupidity, but it's the first time I do this and only find information in English and not domain.

I made new tests.

1 Download the patch "Audio_ALC892-master" and installed "audio_ALC892-92_patch.command".
2nd Download "DPCIManager" and IORegistryExplorer_v2.1 "ye verified that everything is correct, but the digital output, output controls remains.

To install the sound driver ALC892 codec that belongs to my motherboard gigabyte z87mx-d3h in Audio ID: 1, injection kext.
Not a good idea to post in a thread that has nothing to do with your issue.
Yes. The answer is in the thread you linked, 2.

Not a good idea to post in a thread that has nothing to do with your issue.
Yes. The answer is in the thread you linked, 2.

Toleda, am not well understood, my problem is in the output s / pdif.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back