Register

Z87MX-D3H Full working Yosemite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• IMG_0115.JPG
    IMG_0115.JPG
    856.2 KB · Views: 167
Sound works fine for me. I am using the same Realtek ALC892 driver in macbellota's screenshot. The only issue I have is when I resume from sleep, I have no audio. The workaround for that is to sleep again manually (Apple Menu -> Sleep) and then wake the PC again.
Hi 74ltgeorge!!!

i've Z87-D3HP motherboard but my sound doesn't work.. I tried to install ALC892, but nothing happens.... and also my Intel HD Graphics 4600 also not recognised by my hacintosh... can u give any suggestions to fix that?

All ok, installed on my system.
It worked for 2 days, but after a restart, all I get is this error:

Code:
BUG in process suhelperd[xxx]: over-released legacy external boost assertions (1 total, 1 external, 0...

Now I want to try Clover install :(

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/145483-ga-z87mx-d3h-n760-itx-yosemite-clover.html

Later edit:

booting with -f seems to fix the bug error...
But it takes ages to boot :/

do you find any solution with audio?

some strange things goin on with this motherboard ;)

if i disable the IGP in bios (because i use gtx 780) i have no audio in osx but in windows -> BUT i dont have the suhelperd issue ;)
in clover my sound works with disabled IPG - last time i had issued with jumping mouse - now it works, i will test it some days maybe clover make me happy this time

since yosemite my standby mode doesnt work (hangs on wake up)

Im not sure if this motherboard will work with Yosemite. Ive tried no less than 15 times to install Yosemite and every single time once i install MultiBeast (I've tried every combination i can find on here for this board) i get a memory allocation error and i have to start all over again.... I'm not sure what to do at this point. I may just upgrade to a newer board if i will alleviate future problems. any advice would be greatly appreciated.:banghead:

Try booting with the maxmem=x flag, where x is 4096 for 8GB of memory or 8196 for 16GB of memory. Good luck!

Stork thanks for your help. So i have a couple of things i figured out.

1 is that i get the memory allocation fault when i use MultiBeast to assign the type of computer it is, if i do not set one it is fine as it sets itself to an iMac by default .(maybe locally supported now?) after initial install the only thing i have to add is ALC 892 the rest is locally set up.

2 If i try to migrate anything application or settings wise from Mavericks, it totally borks the internet both wifi and Ethernet. Not sure if i should try at all to set it as a Mac Pro like on Mavericks. but the times that I've tried it did the unrecoverable memory allocation fault, and i have to reinstall. The only unfortunate thing is i had to manually reinstall all of my apps but since its only once i do not mind.:beachball::crazy:

@macbellota

I have the same motherboard although I don't use the following kext mods.

Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed Configuration ; this board is an 8-series, so this is not needed.
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector ; my drives appear as internal drives, so this is not needed.

For the network driver, I use AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0, however you need to modify the plist to remove TSO as it's buggy and can crash the driver. Here's what to do to disable TSO via an insanelymac thread.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/205771-appleintele1000ekext-for-108107106105/page-32

Code:
To unload/load the E1000e driver:

sudo kextunload  /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelE1000e.kext
sudo kextload  /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelE1000e.kext

Code:
To disable TSO in the E1000e driver:

sudo [COLOR=#666600]/[/COLOR]usr[COLOR=#666600]/[/COLOR]libexec[COLOR=#666600]/[/COLOR][COLOR=#660066]PlistBuddy[/COLOR] [COLOR=#666600]-[/COLOR]c [COLOR=#008800]"Print IOKitPersonalities:e1000e:NETIF_F_TSO"[/COLOR] /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelE1000e.kext/Contents/Info.plist

[COLOR=#000088]true[/COLOR]

sudo [COLOR=#666600]/[/COLOR]usr[COLOR=#666600]/[/COLOR]libexec[COLOR=#666600]/[/COLOR][COLOR=#660066]PlistBuddy[/COLOR] [COLOR=#666600]-[/COLOR]c [COLOR=#008800]"Set IOKitPersonalities:e1000e:NETIF_F_TSO false"[/COLOR] /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelE1000e.kext/Contents/Info.plist

sudo [COLOR=#666600]/[/COLOR]usr[COLOR=#666600]/[/COLOR]libexec[COLOR=#666600]/[/COLOR][COLOR=#660066]PlistBuddy[/COLOR] [COLOR=#666600]-[/COLOR]c [COLOR=#008800]"Print IOKitPersonalities:e1000e:NETIF_F_TSO"[/COLOR] /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelE1000e.kext/Contents/Info.plist
[COLOR=#000088]
false

[/COLOR]

Hi 74ltgeorge,

May I ask why this was needed? how did you discover this was causing an issue?
I'm using the Z87MX-D3H mobo among other things(see sig) but similar build from what I can see

The version of Mutlibeast used let me install AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0a

I have only done this OS 10.10 upgrade recently. have not notices any crash/hang that could be caused by this.
however getting some odd behaviour with sound(using USB speakers - Aktimate Blue)
as well as boot errors saying not enough power going to USB 3 connected devices. I'll need to research this a bit more.

do you guys have the latest F7 BIOS on your Z87MX-D3H?
I'm still with F6 and I'd like to know if there is any reason to upgrade now, or I still can wait because it doesn't prevent a proper Yosemite installation.

My mobo is still on v4 BIOS - running 10.10.5. Sometimes having to reboot a couple times before the attached USB speakers are available to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back