Intel HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Z87MX-D3H and Intel i5-4670K won't boot from usb

I'm having problems with getting my computer to boot from my usb. I've tried booting into safe mode and setting GraphicsEnabler to yes. The error i'm getting is the unknown or unsupported cpu 0x3c error during boot.

I'm having problems with getting my computer to boot from my usb. I've tried booting into safe mode and setting GraphicsEnabler to yes. The error i'm getting is the unknown or unsupported cpu 0x3c error during boot.

Make sure that i your BIOS that you are set to optimised defaults. And you have set Init Display First to IGFX.
Then type at the Chimera boot screen GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Thx but that didn't help I'm still getting the same error

I am going on what system you have in your profile. With these setting in BIOS are you able to install with -x (Safe Mode).

I am going on what system you have in your profile. With these setting in BIOS are you able to install with -x (Safe Mode).
No I'm still unable to boot

Here's a screen grab if it helps at all.
IMG_20131110_205504.jpg

No I'm still unable to boot

What do you have connected to your System, What cable are you using to connect from your motherboard to your Acer TV/Monitor?

I know that you are not as this stage as of yet but thought that I would give you some more information installing.

There is also a step by step guide from tonymacx86 installing Mountain Lion which is almost identical to Mavericks. Although the MultiBeast configuration screen shot is different in MultiBeast 6.0.1
but can be found here
tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

After switching to the dvi and using the bios setting you reccomended yesterday. I'm able to boot without any flags.

Thx wildwillow for the help.

After switching to the dvi and using the bios setting you reccomended yesterday. I'm able to boot without any flags.

Thx wildwillow for the help.

Glad you figured it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back