Contribute
Register

Z87M-D3H Core i3 4330 Yosemite Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
may i ask what your trying to mount in USB3? because my 2 pen drives mounts fine in USB3 ports how ever I've tried the bluetooth GYLE Bluetooth 4.0 and it doesn't light up or anything its strange but i may buy a pen drive and try USB3 ports as its mounting USB2 Pen drives just fine so they're not completely dead for me :thumbup:

I've just plugged in my USB 2 pen drive and it weirdly mounts fine here look :thumbup:

I See :roll2:

Mine are totally dead to the world.. i wonder what went wrong?
I tryed everyhing.. Mouse keyboard Pen drives (MAC formatted).. and nothing.

Since this is na new system i guess i will re-install everything following your instructions ... i am out of options here...

also what are your bios settings also i recommend not installing USB3 kexts from multibeast

also what are your bios settings also i recommend not installing USB3 kexts from multibeast

As advised in the guide from tonymacx86 for my board series, i loaded the optimised defaults, turned on Vt-s and set drives to AHCI..

Straight forward..

I Just preformed a "Clean install", using your exact settings, on top of this thread.

Again, all went smooth... everything works fine, issues with network and sleep / restore are solved.
USB 3.0 Continue to be dead to the world.

:banghead:

Although RTL8111 is the correct driver for the GA-Z87M-D3H motherboard, on Yosemite it works better with RTL81xx.

When I used RTL8111, sometimes, when I restarted the computer, I lost network.

For USB 3.0, I used the following kext, and it did the job:

View attachment GenericUSBXHCI.kext.zip

jhonathaned1 i got HD4600 working by using Chameleon Wizard

i ticked intel Azul FB then put in 0d22003
inject intel-ig 0412

thats how i got HD4600 working works fine for me :thumbup:

I used the same configurations that you used. But I still got problems...

Take a look:
Screen Shot 2014-10-19 at 4.41.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-19 at 4.41.33 PM.png

Nice post JayBamford.. running Yosi perfectly, with the exception of iMessage. I'm assuming your Messages app is not working either, correct? Thanks. ssprod

Thanks for your recommendation -- was having trouble with "deadbeef" memory allocator kernel panics during Yosemite install, and finally used all the boot options "-v -x -f maxmem=4096 -no-zp" to make it through the installation without a panic.

MultiBeast 7.0.1 configuration (same as I used for 6.x MultiBeast): DSDT Free, ALC892 audio, 10.10 Trim Patch, Apple RTL8169 Ethernet.

Had to boot with "-v -x" after installation to get past "waiting for root" during first post-install boot.

Audio is not working; odd video effect at login screen; otherwise seems ok. Any ideas for audio?

Thanks.

Gigabyte Z87M-D3H, I5-4430 CPU, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6xxx

i am having problems with the actual install .. it freezes right around when it says "12 minutes remaining" EDIT: BUT HIS WAS SOLVED WHEN USING ONBOARD USB2 port

Now I face a different problem however...

"Can't find /System/Library/kernels/kernel"

photo-2.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back