Contribute
Register

Z87E-ITX Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested in this board too.

I'd be interested to know if using the method I detailed in my Zotac thread here http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...e-i5-4430-zotac-h87-itx-8gb-ram-gt-240-a.html (see first post "flashing the bios" section) you can get your new bios flashed. I too had the secure bios issue preventing me from getting it done up until using those precise steps - I have attachments in the post that may help.

Good luck.

Thats a good detailed guide there!

I have afudos here and did try it but it complained about the rom sizes not being the same after being patched.

Its not detailed there exactly what was done to make the 2.00 version work; maybe if we knew that we could apply the same to a newer version. I have my doubts that it was only PMPatch, I think more was done but I dont know what that was.

Can you confirm what version afudos you used and where you obtained it ?

CRACKED IT !!

2.10 loaded with PM patch applied and running Mavericks with stock kernel :thumbup:

And in the process, I also stumbled across a setting buried deep in the UEFI which has made my system boot much faster and smoother!

I will post the details shortly, but just before I do, Im going to zap my ssd and do a complete clean installation from scratch as a final sanity check.

Im also going to run the same procedure on the 2 beta bios files I have here, and assuming it all works using the same procedure, I will also upload these in due course together with the procedure Im using.

Its all looking good so far though :p

CRACKED IT !!

2.10 loaded with PM patch applied and running Mavericks with stock kernel :thumbup:

And in the process, I also stumbled across a setting buried deep in the UEFI which has made my system boot much faster and smoother!

I will post the details shortly, but just before I do, Im going to zap my ssd and do a complete clean installation from scratch as a final sanity check.

Im also going to run the same procedure on the 2 beta bios files I have here, and assuming it all works using the same procedure, I will also upload these in due course together with the procedure Im using.

Awesome! Can't wait for the details.

Had the same issue you mentioned earlier trying to apply the normal PMPatched 2.10G BIOS—something about a security check blah blah.

Awesome! Can't wait for the details.

Had the same issue you mentioned earlier trying to apply the normal PMPatched 2.10G BIOS—something about a security check blah blah.

I'm going through a series of reboots and reflashing right now to verify its working as expected.

The 2.10E beta I personally have doesnt work, but thats not a surprise actually.

Moving on to 2.10G public beta next.

CRACKED IT !!

:thumbup:
So afudos using Minihack thread's files?

:thumbup:
So afudos using Minihack thread's files?

Kind of, but with a twist. You cant flash to a newer version that is PM patched without first flashing the same non-PM patched version first.

I have verified we can flash both 2.10 and 2.10G with the PM patch applied. Just going to do a full erase of my SSD and a new clean installation to verify that it works from the installation point of view.

Looking good so far though chaps ;)

Kind of, but with a twist. You cant flash to a newer version that is PM patched without first flashing the same non-PM patched version first.

Yes, that's what Fix It Felix Junior said for this method.
So did you patched the bios extracted with
Code:
afuwinx64 bios.bin /o
?

Glad to see this coming along…..

Might be tempted to build my next Apple Cube mod sooner rather than later if this all goes nicely.

Be great if you can get ASRock to officially issue the final bios that comes out of this.

Yes, that's what Fix It Felix Junior said for this method.
So did you patched the bios extracted with
Code:
afuwinx64 bios.bin /o
?

In essence, yes, but using the DOS version since I have no Windows software here. It kind of makes sense in a way.

The reason I said with a twist was because I tried flashing through DOS the next version of the PMPatched bios save file but that didnt work. You have to have the original already flashed.

Upload your working 2.10G, I'm anxious to test. :) It's supposed to have some improvements for non-K processors like mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back