Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

Im starting a new thread here as I am in discussion with the helpful chaps at Asrock with regards to fixing outsanding issues with this board. They are aware we want to install OSX :)

If you have this board already, please post any issues you have to date that are stopping you installing and running OSX correctly.

The issues I have already :

1. Unlocking power management in ths bios (I have provided Asrock with the link to PMPatch) - Resolved, see below.

2. Memory sticks reporting different speeds

3. Linux boot disks (In particular PartEd Magic) show a blank screen when booting from the CD if connected through the Intel built-in graphics via displayport.

4. Something that has come to light recently is that the board seems to restart itself when shutting down.

Please add any issues you have with this board that are not already shown above, and hopefully Asrock will be able to fix as many of them as possible.

This could be a great opportunity to get this board up and running smoothly with OSX, and I have to say Asrock are being very helpful so far!!

:thumbup:

12/12/2013 - UEFI bios 2.30 released, patch file to follow

02/12/2013 - UEFI bios 2.20 released, patch file added to guide at Page 4 - Subsequently pulled by Asrock for reasons unknown

What we know about 2.20 :
Speedstep between 8 and 35 as before.
Memory speed reporting issue still exists.
Patch guide at Page 4 works with this update.
Shutdown works fine [All tested with Mavericks].

28/11/2013 - PMPatching issue solved - See the top of Page 4 of this thread for further details.

See page 15 of this thread, message 143 to get all the latest configuration and setup files for this board.

A new version of PMPatch has appeared - 0.5.14

It works on a new test bios I have from Asrock.

Will be attempting to flash this tomorrow.

Anyone care to try it on 2.10 from the website ?
Have you tried with this method? It seems to be working on most of the latest modern bioses.
I have the "old" Z77E ITX and Apple Cinema Display 27" (non-thunderbolt). The board has the same issues of the Z87E (no parted magic on Apple Cinema Display, memory sticks reporting 1600 and 1333). No issues with flash tool with patched bios, though.

Have you tried with this method? It seems to be working on most of the latest modern bioses.
I have the "old" Z77E ITX and Apple Cinema Display 27" (non-thunderbolt). The board has the same issues of the Z87E (no parted magic on Apple Cinema Display, memory sticks reporting 1600 and 1333). No issues with flash tool with patched bios, though.

Ive been testing the new PMPatch, and the results so far are :

2.10 (Stock) - PMPatch works but will not flash into the board 'Secure Flash Check Fail'
2.10E (Beta) - PMPatch works and will flash into the board just fine but still causes OSX reboot loop
2.10G (Beta) - PMPatch works but will not flash into the board 'Secure Flash Check Fail'

I havent tried the afuwin method yet, but I plan to do that shortly.

I wonder if the ASRock guys can make themselves an unlocked MSR bios. Zotac did for the latest Z77-ITX WiFi bios (thanks to CodeRush' mediation). PMPatch no longer needed. Perhaps you asked them already?

I wonder if the ASRock guys can make themselves an unlocked MSR bios. Zotac did for the latest Z77-ITX WiFi bios (thanks to CodeRush' mediation). PMPatch no longer needed. Perhaps you asked them already?

I did ask them yup. The 2.10E they sent me privately is supposed to fix that; it does flash to the board successfully but still causes the reboot loop.

I dont know enough about the mod to be able to verify it though. Nor do I know exactly how the 2.00 bios was modified in the first place; whatever was done to that is successful.

I did ask them yup. The 2.10E they sent me privately is supposed to fix that; it does flash to the board successfully but still causes the reboot loop.

I dont know enough about the mod to be able to verify it though. Nor do I know exactly how the 2.00 bios was modified in the first place; whatever was done to that is successful.
You said that PMPatch works with 2.10E, that means MSR 0xE2 module is still locked, there (and PMPatch has unlocked indeed). If you try to PMPatch an unlocked bios (eg. gigabyte, or latest Zotac Z77 ITX, or an already PMPatched bios) PMPatch won't find anything to patch and won't generate output file.

You said that PMPatch works with 2.10E, that means MSR 0xE2 module is still locked, there (and PMPatch has unlocked indeed). If you try to PMPatch an unlocked bios (eg. gigabyte, or latest Zotac Z77 ITX, or an already PMPatched bios) PMPatch won't find anything to patch and won't generate output file.

Sorry, my error.

I didnt PMPatch 2.10E yet. Going to try that now.

Applying PMPatch to 2.10E shows this output:

PMPatch 0.5.14
PowerManagement modules not found.
PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi modules not found.
Trying to apply patch #1
Nested PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module at 001DC3EC not patched: Patch pattern not found.
AMI nest module at 002571C0 not patched: PowerManagement modules not found in nested module.
Phoenix nest modules not found.
CpuPei module at 0075F200 not patched: Patch pattern not found.

Edit : This is suggestive that they have correctly modified this version, but I still get the reboot loop with this.

Applying PMPatch to 2.10E shows this output:

Edit : This is suggestive that they have correctly modified this version, but I still get the reboot loop with this.

I see. Maybe at ASRock they could find useful this Pike's article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back