Contribute
Register

Z87 & I7-4770k / Intel HD4600 iGPU Graphic Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

• Today I removed my Geforce GTX 780 ti and uninstalled the Nvidia Webdrivers.

Result: No more Pink Screens !

Probably defective Graphics Card.
Attached Files shows Powermanagement implemented.
IGPU is still showing as Display. Set Innit Display to IGFX attach Problem Reporting Files.
IMEI isn't implemented correctly.

Probably defective Graphics Card.
Attached Files shows Powermanagement implemented.
IGPU is still showing as Display. Set Innit Display to IGFX attach Problem Reporting Files.
IMEI isn't implemented correctly.
Yeah I did the following by now:

Enabled Powermanagement features in BIOS
Enabled C Statest generation in Clover
Still using Inject Intel Graphics in Clover and Lilu- & InterGraphicsFixup.kext

I haven't hacked anything in ssdt yet since I still need to find more info how to use the tools you suggested.
Processing please wait ... :beachball:

Last edited:
OK got it, it is due to the plist editor you've taken the screenshot from.
The XML value is the same as in your fisrt post

I have now added the suggested patched (form your post_install_hd4600.plist) to my clover.plist.
The X86PlatformPlugin now disappeared form CPU0@0/AppleACPICPU/X86PlatformPlugin.
Display is still preset under PCI0

Attachments

• Files.zip
    600.8 KB · Views: 66
I have now added the suggested patched (form your post_install_hd4600.plist) to my clover.plist.
The X86PlatformPlugin now disappeared form CPU0@0/AppleACPICPU/X86PlatformPlugin.
Display is still preset under PCI0

post_install_hd4600.plist needs to be paired with SSDT-HACK. But will require a completely different SSDT. Attach all Problem Reporting Files.

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app

Also, press F4 at the main Clover screen, then compress and attach the EFI/CLOVER folder in use. And please, in order to reduce the size, omit EFI/Clover/themes.

Thank you for the reply,
look like we are in a loop now...

If I dont apply the hack of the post_install_hd4600.plist the clover and iored would be the same as the already posted.
I dont know how or where to add the SSDT hack yet.

Thank you for the reply,
look like we are in a loop now...

If I dont apply the hack of the post_install_hd4600.plist the clover and iored would be the same as the already posted.
I dont know how or where to add the SSDT hack yet.

IGPU still showing under Display. Im not sure how'd you sort the relationship between (ACPI) Display & IGPU. Maybe Try adding FixDisplay.

IGPU still showing under Display. Im not sure how'd you sort the relationship between (ACPI) Display & IGPU. Maybe Try adding FixDisplay.
This ? https://github.com/PMheart/CoreDisplayFixup

I recently booted without any Clover Intel Injection so see how ioreg looks like, I still get Display showndirect beneithteh Apple Kext , no other thing in between .

I renamed GFX to IGPU in SSDT and placed it in the patched folder, same result and no acceleration at all.

Earlier you mentioned that I shall implement the Intel MEI thing, how do I do this ? please?

This ? https://github.com/PMheart/CoreDisplayFixup

I recently booted without any Clover Intel Injection so see how ioreg looks like, I still get Display showndirect beneithteh Apple Kext , no other thing in between .

I renamed GFX to IGPU in SSDT and placed it in the patched folder, same result and no acceleration at all.

Earlier you mentioned that I shall implement the Intel MEI thing, how do I do this ? please?

IMEI Controller is showing under pci8086,8c3a. Requires injecting IMEI Device.
Renaming GFX0 to IGPU wont have no affects if IGPU is coming under display0. Probably due to not having innit Display first set to IGFX.

Code:
//DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "IMEI", 0x00000000)
//{
    External (_SB_.PCI0.IGPU.GDID, FieldUnitObj)    // (from opcode)

Device (_SB.PCI0.IMEI)
    {
        Name (_ADR, 0x00160000)  // _ADR: Address
    }

Scope (_SB.PCI0.IMEI)
    {
        OperationRegion (RMP1, PCI_Config, 0x02, 0x02)
        Field (RMP1, AnyAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
        {
            MDID,   16
        }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
        {
            If (LNot (Arg2))
            {
                Return (Buffer (One)
                {
                     0x03                                          
                })
            }

Store (^^IGPU.GDID, Local1)
            Store (MDID, Local2)
            If (LAnd (LEqual (0x1C3A, Local2), LEqual (0x0166, Local1)))
            {
                Return (Package (0x02)
                {
                    "device-id",
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x3A, 0x1E, 0x00, 0x00                        
                    }
                })
            }

Return (Package (0x00) {})
        }