Contribute
Register

Z790 Chipset & Raptor Lake

On wich motherboard did you install the wifi card. I removed the heat sink but my gigabyte z790 aorus elite ax has the intel onboard wifi in form factor key E

View attachment 561841

instead the BCM94360NG is in form factor key A+E

View attachment 561843
By the scheme Key A+E is compatible with Key A and Key E, should work.
Screenshot 2023-01-14 at 16.53.54.png

I'll also add that when I did finally get second sleep to work,. It took so long to actually go to sleep, I had assumed it had crashed. Maybe give it a 20-30 seconds to make sure it doesn't actually go to sleep.
I finally solved the problem of the second sleep! :thumbup:
It worked for me, I used this from @casstsai " i disable Above 4G Decoding in my BIOS, and add npci=0x2000 boot-args,the second sleep issue disappear"
I could not disable on Z790 AERO G, to be able to boot add npci=0x2000 boot-args (no issue WiFi after wake), fast sleep and wake up again without problems. I tested with several sleeps in a row..

- Opencor 0.8.8
- ResizeGPUBars = -1
- ResizeAppleGPUBars=-1
- Bios F4K
- Above 4G Decoding - DISABLE
- Above 4GB MMIO BIOS assignment - DISABLE
- Internal Graphics - ENABLE (strange, if disable wakes up immediately after sleep, maybe only for K processor versions)

Thanks! @casstsai, @nottooshabby

I finally solved the problem of the second sleep! :thumbup:
It worked for me, I used this from @casstsai " i disable Above 4G Decoding in my BIOS, and add npci=0x2000 boot-args,the second sleep issue disappear"
I could not disable on Z790 AERO G, to be able to boot add npci=0x2000 boot-args (no issue WiFi after wake), fast sleep and wake up again without problems. I tested with several sleeps in a row..

- Opencor 0.8.8
- ResizeGPUBars = -1
- ResizeAppleGPUBars=-1
- Bios F4K
- Above 4G Decoding - DISABLE
- Above 4GB MMIO BIOS assignment - DISABLE
- Internal Graphics - ENABLE (strange, if disable wakes up immediately after sleep, maybe only for K processor versions)

Thanks! @casstsai, @nottooshabby
Hello, do you have the Titan Ridge 2.0 running with this F4K BIOS?

Unfortunately I got 4 sticks, GSkill F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK, I also updated BIOS to F3g, but it still only running at 5600. I think your suggestion will help someone who have two sticks. Having said that, I'm happy with my setup, it's basically perfect, I've been working with it for a few weeks, It's stable and smooth, It also got not bad geekbench score :D
Can you please share your EFI files?
P.S.:The latest BIOS version has been updated to F3L.

Last edited:
Hello, do you have the Titan Ridge 2.0 running with this F4K BIOS?
Hello, the Titan card works in F4k but it loses the hot plug. That is, when you boot, you must have your Thunderbolt devices activated so that the BIOS detects them, and the system can make use of them.

Hello, the Titan card works in F4k but it loses the hot plug. That is, when you boot, you must have your Thunderbolt devices activated so that the BIOS detects them, and the system can make use of them.
Ok, thanks. I suppose no hot plug, even with the SSD to force it ?
Did you flash yours ? I didn't because I use Windows, too.

Ok, thanks. I suppose no hot plug, even with the SSD to force it ?
Did you flash yours ? I didn't because I use Windows, too.
Yes, my Titan Ridge card is flashed, in BIOS F3 everything works perfectly, inside the BIOS there are the Thunderbolt configuration parameters but in BIOS F4k it loses the hot connection and to access the BIOS Thunderbolt parameters you have to start (in my case) with the UAD Apollo card turned on, regards.

This looks like Gigabyte removing (some?) Titan Ridge support in BIOS F3, like @ori69 reported with his Z690 board.
Easy solution: Stay with F3.
Harder solution: Complain hard and loud to Gigabyte so that TR support is put back in.

Hey guys, I've got a real pickle here and can't seem to find a solution.
The system on ProArt Z790 works almost perfect except a few hiccups, the 2.5GB LAN won't detect the line, the XMP issues but the biggest one is the sleep, I've wasted almost week trying to find a solution to it.

It goes to sleep a second later it wakes up with fans at full, lights on but the light on the power is blinking like its sleeping, reseting/power cycling shows POST bios error like something messed it up. I've tried any possible solution I can think of with with cable on ACQ on/off, ResizeGPU On/Off, 4k on/off, nothing changes gets the same issue.

Any hints? Suggestions?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0260.jpeg
    IMG_0260.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 68
  • origin ACPI.zip
    170.4 KB · Views: 54
Back