Contribute
Register

Z790 Chipset & Raptor Lake

Try this: use only 2 sticks (in the right place); set XPM1 to 6000MHz; reboot to look if it's OK; then shutdown PC. Next, put the further 2 sticks. Finally, restart pc and enter in the BIOS last time to check.
I tried this, 2 sticks with XMP is OK, but when I plug another 2 sticks, the BIOS will re-training memory, so the same thing happened. Meanwhile, I updated my BIOS to the latest F3K, a good news is that they seem fixed the 4G above issue, now I have no second sleep issue with 4G above enabled.

I tried this, 2 sticks with XMP is OK, but when I plug another 2 sticks, the BIOS will re-training memory, so the same thing happened. Meanwhile, I updated my BIOS to the latest F3K, a good news is that they seem fixed the 4G above issue, now I have no second sleep issue with 4G above enabled.
I tried that too but same problem, Good news for the second sleep, I hope they also solve it with a new B IOSupdate for AERO G

Here is a benchmark from my Z690 MSI Force w/ 13900K + 6200MHz DDR5 RAM. I have it slightly overclocked, 100 MHz. Before I overclocked, I got very similar benchmarks between the Z790 Aero G that I returned and the MSI board.

Screen Shot 2023-01-08 at 5.51.11 AM.png

Last edited:
I recently bought the Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX which has onboard the Wifi Intel 6E AX 211. It's possible to replace the internal module with the BCM94360NG M.2 which I already owned without using the PCIex slot.

The Z790 Aero G will support faster memory, but at the moment, the two boards benchmark the same. I am not sure I am going to spend money in the future on faster DDR5 ram as I already splurged for 6200MHz RAM.
Z690 might say it tops out at 6600 MHz but memory speeds are also dependent upon the memory controller of the CPU and in some Z690 motherboards with Raptor Lake, you can hit XMP of 7200 or more with no issue.

I recently bought the Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX which has onboard the Wifi Intel 6E AX 211. It's possible to replace the internal module with the BCM94360NG M.2 which I already owned without using the PCIex slot.
I also thought about it on my Z790 AERO G, and using WiFi and Bluetooth from MB, but I don't know if anyone has tried it, it would be fantastic if possible.

Did you disable ResizableBars in the BIOS too? If I remember right, you'll only see that option when Above4G decoding is set to Auto. Then you can disable it, then disable Above4GDecoding. Also check that the integrated graphics is disabled in BIOS.
I tried all the alternatives. But, whenever disable above 4G Decoding does not boot, I will test with the new F4K update. (Improve the linkage between Resizable and 4G above.)
I've been testing it for a week and everything works perfectly, a real bomb for my work in after effects, 3D and apps for creatives, very happy, I just have to solve this sleep problem, very important for me.

I tried all the alternatives. But, whenever disable above 4G Decoding does not boot, I will test with the new F4K update. (Improve the linkage between Resizable and 4G above.)
I've been testing it for a week and everything works perfectly, a real bomb for my work in after effects, 3D and apps for creatives, very happy, I just have to solve this sleep problem, very important for me.
Hopefully the new BIOS fixes it!

Is there a Mac-only program you really need? After effects also works on Windows...

Back