Contribute
Register

Z790 Chipset & Raptor Lake

Ok, that's how I'll do it, when I have the USB map I'll try to explain in as much detail as possible the steps and the material used for this assembly, many thanks to everyone

Awesome!! I added the new AppleALC and added the argument "alcid=1", reboot and working!!, I have removed alcid and added an entry in "deviceproperties" with the correct path and layout-id equivalent to my system (alcid=1) , the next task that I have to achieve is to try to map the ports in windows to activate the two rear USB2 ports, in this way, your EFI Z690 Aero G is FULLY functional in Z790, for now you have to wait in Bios F3 to retain functionality of Thunderbolt at Titan Ridge. Thank you very much again, when I have finished the complete port map I will post the EFI for you to verify and it can be used in the new Z790 system
Awesome!

The HDEF tree is now fully constructed as we can see:
Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 11.59.29 AM.png

This is what it looked like before:
Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 12.05.59 PM.png

@WoodCabin,

Can you please check if all (a) audio outputs and (b) audio inputs work as expected?

By the way, someone made the same change 3 days ago and submitted a Pull Request, so hopefully this will be included in the next release of AppleALC in early January.

Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 12.32.05 PM.png

Last edited:
Impressionante!! Eu adicionei o novo AppleALC e adicionei o argumento "alcid=1", reinicie e funcionando!!, removi o alcid e adicionei uma entrada em "deviceproperties" com o caminho correto e layout-id equivalente ao meu sistema (alcid=1) , a próxima tarefa que tenho que conseguir é tentar mapear as portas no windows para ativar as duas portas USB2 traseiras, dessa forma, sua EFI Z690 Aero G está TOTALMENTE funcional no Z790, por enquanto é só aguardar na Bios F3 para manter a funcionalidade do Thunderbolt em Titan Ridge. Muito obrigado mais uma vez, quando terminar o mapa completo da porta postarei o EFI para você verificar e pode ser usado no novo sistema Z790

View attachment 560506
I'm waiting for my setup to arrive, it's great to know that it's being successful :clap:

@WoodCabin,

Can you please check if all (a) audio outputs and (b) audio inputs work as expected?

By the way, someone made the same change 3 days ago and submitted a Pull Request, so hopefully this will be included in the next release of AppleALC in early January.

View attachment 560515
Of course, today I don't know if I'll have time, I'm finalizing the Christmas gifts, I hope I'll have time tomorrow, but at the latest, on Monday I can do all the checks you need, it will be a pleasure

Hello @CaseySJ , I have been able to fully test the audio, everything is perfect, the line output works through the "Internal Speakers" output, the line input works through the "Integrated Line Input" input and the digital output as well It works perfectly through the "Integrated Digital Output" output. Wonderful, the only detail is that there are duplicate input and output names, but there is no problem, you can select one after the other until the sound appears, that has been the case for a few years with the integrated audio in hackintosh, but for me It's not important, thanks again for the help, these days I'll try to map the USB and post the EFI in a new post so that users can benefit from a new and fast system that, thanks to your work, we will be able to enjoy . Merry Christmas !!

Hello @CaseySJ , I have been able to fully test the audio, everything is perfect, the line output works through the "Internal Speakers" output, the line input works through the "Integrated Line Input" input and the digital output as well It works perfectly through the "Integrated Digital Output" output. Wonderful, the only detail is that there are duplicate input and output names, but there is no problem, you can select one after the other until the sound appears, that has been the case for a few years with the integrated audio in hackintosh, but for me It's not important, thanks again for the help, these days I'll try to map the USB and post the EFI in a new post so that users can benefit from a new and fast system that, thanks to your work, we will be able to enjoy . Merry Christmas !!
Wonderful -- thank you for verifying! Happy holidays!

My components finally arrived, let's put it together and see what happens...:)

IMG_2061.png

- Gigabyte z790 Aero G DDR5
- Intel i9 13900K
- RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR5 128GB (4 x 32 GB) DDR5 5200MHz C40
- NZXT Kraken Z63 RGB White
- Corsair RM White Series RM850 850W 80 Plus Gold Full Modular

- AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16 GB ( already got )
- wd black sn850 500gb ( Just to install Ventura, then I'll put more)

View attachment 560685
- Intel i9 13900K

don't forget to update this:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/account-details :)

- Intel i9 13900K

Nice selection of components. Good luck with the build!

Back