Contribute
Register

Z790 Chipset & Raptor Lake

@WoodCabin,

It is possible that the HDA Controller on Z790 has a device ID that AppleALC does not recognize. If you post your IOReg file, I can look into it further. I may be able to provide an experimental version of AppleALC (no guarantees of course without first determining the root cause).

@WoodCabin,

It is possible that the HDA Controller on Z790 has a device ID that AppleALC does not recognize. If you post your IOReg file, I can look into it further. I may be able to provide an experimental version of AppleALC (no guarantees of course without first determining the root cause).
Thank you very much for answering so quickly, I have attached an ioreg, Hackintool (PCI) capture and my config.plist. Thanks again

@WoodCabin,

Sorry, I think the old files are not clean, I am attaching current files, thanks again.

Attachments

• config.plist
    32.8 KB · Views: 25
  • pcidevices.txt
    9.8 KB · Views: 19
  • WoodCabin ioreg.ioreg
    7.3 MB · Views: 19
Sorry, I think the old files are not clean, I am attaching current files, thanks again.
Okay, here goes nothing... Please try the attached experimental version of AppleALC (not AppleALCU). But backup or rename your existing version first.

Must use alcid=x, where x is valid layout ID for your ALC-1220 codec.

Attachments

• AppleALC-1.7.8-DEBUG.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
Okay, here goes nothing... Please try the attached experimental version of AppleALC (not AppleALCU). But backup or rename your existing version first.

Must use alcid=x, where x is valid layout ID for your ALC-1220 codec.
Ok, I'll try all the alcid options for my codec with the kext you sent me, thanks a lot, I'll let you know when I get results

Ok, I'll try all the alcid options for my codec with the kext you sent me, thanks a lot, I'll let you know when I get results
It's only necessary to try one alcid. After installing the new AppleALC, specifying a layout ID, and rebooting, please post the IOReg file again so we can see whether the HDEF section gets populated.

It's only necessary to try one alcid. After installing the new AppleALC, specifying a layout ID, and rebooting, please post the IOReg file again so we can see whether the HDEF section gets populated.
Awesome!! I added the new AppleALC and added the argument "alcid=1", reboot and working!!, I have removed alcid and added an entry in "deviceproperties" with the correct path and layout-id equivalent to my system (alcid=1) , the next task that I have to achieve is to try to map the ports in windows to activate the two rear USB2 ports, in this way, your EFI Z690 Aero G is FULLY functional in Z790, for now you have to wait in Bios F3 to retain functionality of Thunderbolt at Titan Ridge. Thank you very much again, when I have finished the complete port map I will post the EFI for you to verify and it can be used in the new Z790 system

Audio.png

Attachments

• WoodCabin ioreg.ioreg
    8 MB · Views: 22
when I have finished the complete port map I will post the EFI for you to verify and it can be used in the new Z790 system
Would be great if you posted a new User Build for the Gigabyte Z790 Aero G with that motherboard model in the title. That way it's easier to find via the site search.

Would be great if you posted a new User Build for the Gigabyte Z790 Aero G with that motherboard model in the title. That way it's easier to find via the site search.
Hi @trs96 , this build is not mine, the rights and all, absolutely all the credit goes to @CaseySJ , I can't post a build without being the author, I'll post the EFI in this thread thanking @CaseySJ for his great work, he's the one who you have the floor to open another thread or implement this efi in your z690 thread, I don't want to take any credit because I don't deserve it, I'm just a mere observer and I have a lot to learn. Thanks.

this build is not mine,
If you own the Aero G board, i9-13900K it's yours. Just give Casey a nod when you write a brief description and post the EFI folder. You can even post in Ventura Desktop Guides if you don't want to do a full User Build write up. The idea is to let other Z790 Aero G owners find the info more easily than if it's buried in a general Z790 thread like this.

Back