CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Installed OS X El Capitan Clean on SSD and used MultiBeast on to load the kext's and clover boot-loader for UEFI. When done everything says successful and after a restart none of the changes take effect, such as clover boot-loader does not exist in the boot sequence, the audio driver is not installed and so on. Anybody with a similar setup able to install all these properly?

I have the same motherboard/processor combination. I haven't tried MultiBeast 8.0 with it, because prior with the Yosemite install I could never get AirPlay mirroring to work alongside my GeForce 650 Ti video card, nor could I ever get iMessage working right. Ended up changing to use TheRacerMaster's installation methods, which worked great - and he was very helpful and responsive to bug reports. You will need to ensure you address the SmUUID bug in your Clover config.plist to ensure iMessage works, but by doing all config.plist edits for that, serial number, etc. before ever logging into iCloud I had zero problems with iMessage.

I'm sure MultiBeast works great for many -- I just didn't have the patience to wait for it to come out. :D

P.S. When I did this upgrade, I also moved from a USB BlueTooth dongle and TonyMac-recommended WiFi card to a PC/Hackintosh kit from OSX WiFi - I have full Continuity and Handoff compatibility out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back