Contribute
Register

Z77X-UP5-TH Sleep issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.

Well yesterday i destroyed the fusion drive and decided to do a fresh install on just the SSD. I ran MultiBeast etc and put all of the files in place that we discussed in this topic. I then ran Migration Assistant to import my backup, where about 1 hour from the end it finishes short with an error message about not being able to import everything (Only lists XCode as a problem). So i decided to set my computer back to a Mac Pro 3,1 and retry. This time Migration Assistant completes successfully, is this because the apps i installed etc were installed on a PC that thought it was a "Mac Pro"? So now the transfer completes successfully?

Whatever the case, if i now set my profile back to the Mac Mini one, will it mess with anything? It seems like it could?

Thanks,
Chris.

no guarrantees this is a hackintosh plus ive never used migration assistant

Thanks for the reply fella. I went ahead and changed it to the Mac Mini definition you uploaded and all seems to be good.
Whilst i was using the MacPro definition (bearing in mind i set the machine up with the Mac Mini definition) i noticed that the "System Preferences" app was broken (would not load), my mouse was acting weird (no right click and scroll messed up) and other little problems like not having the ability to use the shutdown restart etc in the Apple drop down menu. After restoring to the Mac Mini definition all functionality seems to have been restored :)

Weird question now... How can i undo the work we did on my graphics card to achieve full funtionality? I will be upgrading soon, but in the meantime i'd like my dual displays back. I don't really do anything graphically intensive in OS X, i just use it to get a picture really.

Thanks,
Chris.

try the boot flags for the 6870 let me know what ports work AtiConfig=Duckweed AtiPorts=5

try the boot flags for the 6870 let me know what ports work AtiConfig=Duckweed AtiPorts=5

I tried this and it didn't work. :(

Here is my .plist...

Code:
 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>DropSSDT</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=10 dart=0 AtiConfig=Duckweed AtiPorts=5</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
        <key>Graphics Mode</key>
        <string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I can only test the DVI and HDMi ports. The bottom DVi still doesn't work, but the top DVi and HDMi do.

im still lookin for fixes

I can only test the DVI and HDMi ports. The bottom DVi still doesn't work, but the top DVi and HDMi do.

As I mentioned you will either have to edit the ATI6000Controller.kext. Or find out your exact framebuffer/Personality of your card.

Ok so i just try a bunch of different combinations of words and numbers from that topic you linked me to?
How many numbers should i try? 1,2,3,4,5? Or more?

Ok so i just try a bunch of different combinations of words and numbers from that topic you linked me to?
How many numbers should i try? 1,2,3,4,5? Or more?

Depending on how much you want to get your DVI ports working, Suggestion when people try to help you take their advice. I have linked you a list of personalities. Like I said you can use Hex Edit to implement the personalities.

http://pastebin.com/rmzdHiN3

Depending on how much you want to get your DVI ports working, Suggestion when people try to help you take their advice. I have linked you a list of personalities. Like I said you can use Hex Edit to implement the personalities.

http://pastebin.com/rmzdHiN3

Nah sorry i just don't think i understand.

So i do this?...

AtiConfig=*Add personality name here* AtiPorts=*Add "ConnectorInfo count in decimal" (from paste bin?) here*

EG AtiConfig=Spikerush AtiPorts=4 based on ...

Code:
Personality: Spikerush
ConnectorInfo count in decimal: 4
Disk offset in decimal 180400
0000000    02  00  00  00  40  00  00  00  29  05  01  00  00  00  00  05
0000010    00  04  00  00  04  03  00  00  00  01  02  00  11  02  01  01
0000020    00  04  00  00  00  01  00  00  00  09  02  00  21  03  02  02
0000030    00  04  00  00  00  01  00  00  00  09  03  00  12  04  03  03

Thanks,
Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.