Contribute
Register

Z77X-UP5-TH Sleep issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, well i don't think i need to go buying cables because i'm going to be upgrading to a 770/780 (good decision? i see them in the buyers guide. Is there no way i can like map which ports work in the Kext or something? I need both DVI's because one display is DVI and the other is VGA with a VGA to DVI adapter.

Also i would like to ask you both this... What did that DSDT patch do? I want to try and figure this out so i can just do it myself. Are there things i might want to configure to my personal taste?

Thanks.

Well unfortunately VGA isn't supported in OS X. So there is nothing to say that both ports are working correctly. You could try moving the cable to the other DVI port and see if that changes the situation but I doubt it. There is a way to edit the ports using a hex edit, there is page will all the edits and frame buffers but I can't seem to find it for you.

Upgrading to either of the cards is a good idea if you will use their full potential, and knowing they are in the buyers guide you will know that they have been tried and tested.

The DSDT and patches injects information in the OS on boot. So it will load the drivers needed, your example was the wake from sleep. But PJALM's patches make most things work as they should. By injecting this information it makes the OS much more stable other than have to install/edit many kexts. Keeping the installation more Vanilla.

EDIT: found the link ATI/AMD 5xxx & 6xxx Graphics Cards Framebuffer Personalities

as for the DSDT patches u need to talk to pjalm as this is his speciality i have never tried it. vga isnt supported in osx as well

u can use MacPro 3,1 smbios but ivy power management wont work buts its up to u in the long run.i have edited this smbois so it wont show up as a hackintosh its for MacPro3,1

Ok cool thanks man.
Is power management the CPU changing frequency depending on what its doing?

yes thats correct

Well unfortunately VGA isn't supported in OS X. So there is nothing to say that both ports are working correctly. You could try moving the cable to the other DVI port and see if that changes the situation but I doubt it. There is a way to edit the ports using a hex edit, there is page will all the edits and frame buffers but I can't seem to find it for you.

Upgrading to either of the cards is a good idea if you will use their full potential, and knowing they are in the buyers guide you will know that they have been tried and tested.

The DSDT and patches injects information in the OS on boot. So it will load the drivers needed, your example was the wake from sleep. But PJALM's patches make most things work as they should. By injecting this information it makes the OS much more stable other than have to install/edit many kexts. Keeping the installation more Vanilla.

EDIT: found the link ATI/AMD 5xxx & 6xxx Graphics Cards Framebuffer Personalities

It's the VGA display that is working (top port), it's the DVI thats not (second slot). It's the port i guess?
Thanks i'll take a look at that link.

The reason i'm buying one of those GPU's is for games. I boot into Windows 8 to play games but i wanted to make sure it was ok in OS X. Being Nvidia, does that mean more apps will be able to use it for converting video and stuff? From what i understand most apps don't support AMD in OS X?

Arh so the DSDT either works or it doesn't, there's nothing to play with as such? How come the DSDT isn't in the database? In the guides it says use "DSDT Free".

I had this functionality when i was set to Mac Pro according to the Intel Power Gadget app? Have i just gained extra steps or will it have improved top end performance too?

just be lucky the vga is working as far as the dsdt free goes its not for all mobos only certain ones

if anything performance will drop as MacPro3,1 is for socket 775 not 1155 run geekbench with 3,1 and let me know

if anything performance will drop as MacPro3,1 is for socket 775 not 1155 run geekbench with 3,1 and let me know

I have already seen a performance increase in Cinebench, i believe you. I was just curious because it appeared to be working to at least some extent before.

just be lucky the vga is working as far as the dsdt free goes its not for all mobos only certain ones

I dont think you understand, i had this exact setup working perfectly before i started editing my system.

I dont think you understand, i had this exact setup working perfectly before i started editing my system

i understand just fine it doesnt apply to all z77 mobos just gigabyte except the tn model as it has a locked msr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back