GTX580
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
I recently built a system (MOBO: Z77x-UP5-TH (F10 bios i think), proc: 3770k, RAM: 32GB DDR3 1600 Corsair, HD4000 graphics for now). Did a clean install with 10.8.3, then upgraded to 10.8.4. I've been having several issues (all of which appeared before the update). I feel like these are issues that may be solved with a DSDT, but there isn't one for my mono.

Problem 1: No auto-sleep. The only way I can make my computer sleep is by using the quiet sleep app.

Problem 2: USB ejects all drives on sleep.

Problem 3: Keyboard/USB Bluetooth dongle not recognized on wake. The only way I can get them reenabled is to unplug them, the plug them back in.

Problem 4: Front Audio not recognized. It seems to work after a fresh reboot, but then stops working after sleep.

Problem 5: Only the bottom thunderbolt port seems to work (I think I read this is a know issue with this MOBO)

Problem 6: The only way I can get both of my displays recognized separately is by using a thunderbolt-hdmi adapter for one of them. If I plug one into the DVI and the other into the HDMI port, the OS cannot separate them. I'm not too concerned with this issue as I'm getting a GPU next week, but a little insight would be helpful.

Thanks for the help

I know I'm not going to be of much help but perhaps something might be helpful.

I have an almost identical system but I've also got a GPU installed. My system will go to sleep automatically only if I'm running an app (almost any app will do.) If I've closed everything and just sit on the Finder it won't autosleep. I am using Darkwake=8 and a MacPro 3,1 system definition.

I don't have external USB drives, well any that I keep mounted, so I never noticed any unusual dismounting issues.

I long ago gave up on Bluetooth (even with my MacPro) since I had all kinds of interference issues and my gaming requirements demanded a wired mouse and keyboard anyway.

I just plugged in headphones (I usually use USB wireless headphones) and my front audio works fine.

The TB port has a problem with a piece of metal protruding into the gap. Push it out of the way and it will fit ok.

The HD4000 will drive two monitors. I've had an old 19" Viewsonic with a DVI to VGA adapter plugged into the DVI port and also had a Apple 27" monitor with Mini Display Port plugged into the Thunderbolt port. Worked fine. Now I use a GTX670 and no longer use the HD4000.

Bob,
Thanks for the advice. As you noted though most of it really doesn't apply. I just ran another test and my front audio works until I put my computer to sleep, then it never gets re-enabled. Pretty strange actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back