Contribute
Register

Z77X-UP4 TH "RTL81/Waiting for root" Installation Error, Any Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z77X-UP4 TH
CPU
3770K @4.5GHz
Graphics
GTX970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just got my Z77X-UP4 in the mail and excitedly built my system in the last hour.

Z77X-UP4 TH
i7 3770K
8GB Corsair 1600MHz
Intel HD 4000 Graphics

I'm successful in booting from my Unibeast USB Drive plugged into one of the two top USB ports on the back (I don't believe the other four will ever work under OS X) and I manage to get the Unibeast and Apple logo up on the monitor.

However, no matter -x -s -v or GraphicsEnable=NO, I cannot get to the actual installer.

Instead the last thing to load is:

-----
RealtekRTL81xx:init] completed
com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeDataless load succeeded
com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib load succeeded
[RTL81xx@0xe000:rtl8168_init_board] NIC identified as RTL8168E-VL/8111E-VL (mcfg=16)

Still waiting for root device
-----

How I dread that message. I'm up for any and all options. I can't find any one else with this error. Trying a new Unibeast installer now but in the meantime, any suggestions?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    569.4 KB · Views: 398
if you are using sata make sure that the used HD is port # 0 in mono, or disconnect all HDDs except the one you are using, I faced this problem and solved that way after trying a lot of kernal flags

I had a very similar issues when installing with this board.

The only way I could get around it was by connecting the drive with the mountain loin installer on it to one of the internal USB2.0 ports that are on headers.

Everything worked as normal then.

If your case doesn't connections for internal USB ports you could try to change a BIOS setting that Might work, I don't know for sure if it will as I haven't tried it myself, but it might.

In the BIOS go to the "Peripherals" and change "xCHI mode" to "Disabled", save and reboot. Connect your device with the installation media to either of the USB ports below the LAN connector and try that. As I say, I don't know if this will work as I haven't tried it myself but it might work.

The first suggestion regarding the internal USB2.0 should work as that's what I did when I encountered as very similar problem.

The only way I could get around it was by connecting the drive with the mountain loin installer on it to one of the internal USB2.0 ports that are on headers.

If your case doesn't connections for internal USB ports you could try to change a BIOS setting that Might work, I don't know for sure if it will as I haven't tried it myself, but it might.

In the BIOS go to the "Peripherals" and change "xCHI mode" to "Disabled", save and reboot. Connect your device with the installation media to either of the USB ports below the LAN connector and try that. As I say, I don't know if this will work as I haven't tried it myself but it might work.

The first suggestion regarding the internal USB2.0 should work as that's what I did when I encountered as very similar problem.

THIS WORKED!!!

Well, setting "xCHI mode" to "Disabled" worked for me. I don't have a case yet and couldn't find any spare headers so thank you so much!

Thank you thank you thank you, what did you have to do for post-installation?

In general, any problems I should be looking forward to on this UP4 board?

Thanks man, i suffered a lot with this trouble. And your advice solved it.

mobo z77m-d3h
cpu i5-3570k
Multibeast installer
loaded with flags -v -x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back