Contribute
Register

Z77X-UP4 TH Instructions and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you should be fine. You can disable USB3. I dont really think you have to since I NEVER got it working properly anyway. You could also add a USB bridge to add more ports. I did and it helped. Im not at home so I cant tell you if all ports work. You will know immediately when you start plugging in peripherals...

Good Luck!

Folks,

I basically have the same board as you, plus the BT/Wifi card which makes mine a UP5 TH board instead of UP4. My setup however is fully working, - Nvidia graphics, sound, USB 3.0, Thunderbolt - the works, I suggest you should try my guide to get everything working, including the following script to paste over what is currently in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

10.8.2, with Unibeast 1.5.3 and Multibeast 5.1.3

For Nvidia & Intel card:

<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

link to my guide (with BIOS setting screens) > http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-desktop-support/71839-ga-z77x-up5-th-install-issues.html#post512725

For Radeon card:

For you Fade2nada, in addition to the above you need to use this method to install your AMD Radeon card which is
Remove the AMD card and install using onboard gfx first.

After getting it working with the Intel graphics card, boot into the installer and after finishing, install Multibeast with
UserDSDT,
Without DSDT Realtek ALC 898
Hnak's Intel1000ESD network driver
your AMD Radeon driver making sure there is GraphicsEnabler=No PCRootUID=0 (as Kernel Flags in org.chameleon.boot.plist)
remove darkwake=0 from the kernel flag

Reinstall your AMD card into system
Set bios iGPU memory to 64mb
Reboot

You should have USB 3.0 fully working and the Radeon card should work fine after the install is complete.

Let us know how you get on...

Folks,

I basically have the same board as you, plus the BT/Wifi card which makes mine a UP5 TH board instead of UP4. My setup however is fully working, - Nvidia graphics, sound, USB 3.0, Thunderbolt - the works, I suggest you should try my guide to get everything working, including the following script to paste over what is currently in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

10.8.2, with Unibeast 1.5.3 and Multibeast 5.1.3

For Nvidia & Intel card:

<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

link to my guide (with BIOS setting screens) > http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-desktop-support/71839-ga-z77x-up5-th-install-issues.html#post512725

For Radeon card:

For you Fade2nada, in addition to the above you need to use this method to install your AMD Radeon card which is
Remove the AMD card and install using onboard gfx first.

After getting it working with the Intel graphics card, boot into the installer and after finishing, install Multibeast with
UserDSDT,
Without DSDT Realtek ALC 898
Hnak's Intel1000ESD network driver
your AMD Radeon driver making sure there is GraphicsEnabler=No PCRootUID=0 (as Kernel Flags in org.chameleon.boot.plist)
remove darkwake=0 from the kernel flag

Reinstall your AMD card into system
Set bios iGPU memory to 64mb
Reboot

You should have USB 3.0 fully working and the Radeon card should work fine after the install is complete.

Let us know how you get on...

Middleman,

Thanks for the feedback. I have the radeon card working. I had to insert some lines in my boot plist specifically for the card. I forgot what they were now and I am away from my computer. But I WILL TRY YOUR SUGGESTIONS! as I love this board and my current setup but I am pissed I never got it fully working- So I am glad to hear from someone who has- Kudos! I will try to work on it soon and report back with my progress. As of now I too have BT working but my USB3 is not working (shows up in system profiler though) and my Graphics card works but is not fully recognized in system profiler.

I would love to get everything 100%

One last question:

Do you have the UP4TH or the UP5TH? These boards have different USB chipsets and the UP5TH is known to work where as the UP4TH is more problematic which is why Tonymac has removed it from the recommended builds.

Thanks!

I'm waiting for an Orico PCIe card with fresco logic chip that it's supposed to arrive tomorrow from Amazon. I hope it will work OOTB with USB3 speed and I will report what happens.
Of course there's no problem to buy a cheap USB 2 bracket and connect to one of the three USB 2 plugs on the mobo.It works.
I hope that trying and trying we'll find a good way to make USB 3 work somehow on this board.
Just to let GA Z77 UP4 TH owners know, if you need more SATA III 6 gigabit HDs with a cheap PCIe card, I got a Syba SATA3 2-Port Internal PCI-e Controller SY-PEX40039 and it works OOTB. Hope my experience will help. :)

Any luck with the Orico PCIe USB card? I'm also trying to find a way to achieve USB 3 speed on my UP4 board.

Thanks for the tip on the SATA III 6 gigabit card too. If I can't get USB 3 speed soon I'll probably add one of those and turn my external WD 2Tb USB 3 drive into an internal on SATA III 6 gigabit.

I did everything you said to do in this thread, and is working very good with a normal display through the thunderbolt ports, but when i hook up my thunderbolt display it causes a kernel panic, do any of you have a idea why it does that?

setup is:

Z77x-UP4 TH
intel i7 2700k
16 gb of corsair vengeance ram
OCZ agility 3 120 gb SSD
1 tb WD HDD storage
no graphics card

I did everything you said to do in this thread, and is working very good with a normal display through the thunderbolt ports, but when i hook up my thunderbolt display it causes a kernel panic, do any of you have a idea why it does that?

setup is:

Z77x-UP4 TH
intel i7 2700k
16 gb of corsair vengeance ram
OCZ agility 3 120 gb SSD
1 tb WD HDD storage
no graphics card

Which port have you connected the Thunderbolt display to? TB Port 1 or TB Port 2?

I've tried both. Makes no difference.

I've tried both. Makes no difference.

Oh it does....you're not supposed to connect a display on TP2, only TP1.

Try increasing your video RAM from 32MB to 64MB or even 96MB and see
how it works.

Hi there
Had same problem every start
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a power management may be incomplete or unsupported
done file: /var/run/systemkeychaincheck.done
WARNING Found KDC certificate (O=System Identity,CN=com.apple.kerberos.kdc)is missing the PK-INIT KDC EKU, this is bad for interoperability.
The IOUSBFamily did not receive enough extra current for the SuperSpeed device (4-Port USB 3.0 Hub) at 0x14b00000, asked for 400mA but got 0 mA
Then system working well
My Mobo : GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP4 TH with bios F10b SMbios definition iMAC13,1
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770S
Ram Samsung 16gb 1333
CPU cooler Noctula
PSU Be quiet 530watt
HD :Msata 128gb Wester digital 2tb
Ati Radeo HD 6850 1gb ddr5 Apple 27' thunderbolt display + AOC 17' (HD4000 TB+DVI)
Windows 8 Pro Mountain Lion 10.8.2
How may I solve this problem I mean power management problem

High Folks!!

Just to report that ive got my audio and USB up and running! 10.8.5 here!

Audio was 892 DSDT with Toledas method of extracing DSDT with Maciasl and patched with option 3 witch gave me full audio and HDMI!

THanks Toleda!!!

USB:

Tried the ACPIP rollback to 10.8.1 but only that was a no go, the mountain lion multibeast (5.3.1) would get error when installing general usb...

So i installed the usb kext from MAVERICKS MULTIBEAST. Now works like a charm every (6) rear usb works with usb 2 AND 3 speeds!!!

Thank you tonymac!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back