Details:
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB
Intel Core i7 3770K 4x 3.50GHz So.1155 BOX
Samsung 830 256Gb SSD
4x 3000GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST3000DM001
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 OC Aktiv PCIe 2048MB
32GB (4x 8192MB) Corsair XMS3 Dominator 1600MHz
850W be quiet! Dark Power Pro P10 80+ Platinum

I created a bootable Mountain Lion installation via USB stick as described. Installation was no problem at all, no freezes, no trouble. Update via appstore: no problem. System is fast as hell.

Problems so far:
WiFi & Bluetooth are not working (know that & don't need it, so no prob for me)
Both LAN ports are shown as active, I got two IP-adresses, but only one cable is connected !? Weird, but working

Things that really suck:
FireWire isn't working (need this really bad)
Can't get my ML SSD bootable.

Any ideas? As far as I know there's no DSTS for the Z77 chipset yet. Everything works fine EXCEPT WiFi / Bluetooth / FW.

And: Any tipps to make my system boot from SSD directly? At the moment I have to boot from the usb stick with the mountain lion installation on it, then choose my ML installation in the boot screen. It works, but slows down the boot time and isn't my every day goal.

As soon as I got these problems solved I'll make a documentation for the user builds section. Because beside that: I really love my new system :)

Hi,

with that UEFI booting I also had some issues.
When you select manually the partition to boot in Legacy mode (P0: xxx) does it work?
If yes, I could select the Legacy boot partition in the "BIOS Features" menu in the BIOS, by selecting the boot partition in "Hard Drive BBS Priorities". After that I could enable the Legacy Disk as "Boot Option #1".

But why UEFI boot ends up in a message like, please replace the media, I do not know.

br, daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back