intel i5
Graphics
GTX980
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone,

ive spent weeks trying to figure out how to get my GT 730 to work with my system.

ive successfully booted and everything works flawlessly onboard, but im wondering if anyone has had experience with my exact setup.

Z77X-UD5H rev 1.0 /
Mountain Lion 10.8.5 (12F37) /
i5 3.4 i5-3570k /
GT 730 EVGA /
multibeast - chimera bootloader install & (DSDT free) (only other option selected) /

bios settings:
onboard graphics - disabled & PEG / both handoffs selected

(tried web drivers and cuda driver) can't get full resolution from the 730 or dual monitors.

no issues at all booting with onboard graphics

sometimes i can get it(730) to boot with nv_enable=1 but not at 1080

if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. it feels like im close, but i feel like i'm missing something.

looking for full integration and compatibility with the GT 730 (including VGA) if possible. thanks in advance!

Does not require Buying Advice - Moved to Desktop Support.

Hey everyone,

ive spent weeks trying to figure out how to get my GT 730 to work with my system.

ive successfully booted and everything works flawlessly onboard, but im wondering if anyone has had experience with my exact setup.

Z77X-UD5H rev 1.0 /
Mountain Lion 10.8.5 (12F37) /
i5 3.4 i5-3570k /
GT 730 EVGA /
multibeast - chimera bootloader install & (DSDT free) (only other option selected) /

bios settings:
onboard graphics - disabled & PEG / both handoffs selected

(tried web drivers and cuda driver) can't get full resolution from the 730 or dual monitors.

no issues at all booting with onboard graphics

sometimes i can get it(730) to boot with nv_enable=1 but not at 1080

if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. it feels like im close, but i feel like i'm missing something.

looking for full integration and compatibility with the GT 730 (including VGA) if possible. thanks in advance!

There are 3 different versions of the GT 730 :
(1) based on Kepler (GK208) with DDR3 memory
(2) based on Kepler (GK208) with GDDR5 memory
(3) based on Fermi (GF108) with DDR3 memory

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nvidia_graphics_processing_units#GeForce_700_series

Do you know which version you have?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-geforce-gt-730-nvidia-web-drivers-not-working.231391/

It seems that version (2) require the Nvidia web drivers to work correctly. If you are using (3) you need GraphicsEnabler=Yes to boot as it is based on the older Fermi chip. Kepler cards need GraphicsEnabler=No.

There are 3 different versions of the GT 730 :
(1) based on Kepler (GK208) with DDR3 memory
(2) based on Kepler (GK208) with GDDR5 memory
(3) based on Fermi (GF108) with DDR3 memory

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nvidia_graphics_processing_units#GeForce_700_series

Do you know which version you have?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-geforce-gt-730-nvidia-web-drivers-not-working.231391/

It seems that version (2) require the Nvidia web drivers to work correctly. If you are using (3) you need GraphicsEnabler=Yes to boot as it is based on the older Fermi chip. Kepler cards need GraphicsEnabler=No.

Thanks for the response!

It seems that i have the DDR5 version (lowprofile) p/n:02G-P3-3733-KR (VGA / DIGITAL / HDMI)

i'm going to try the web drivers again.

if there is any other advice you might have in regards to the installation, it would be much appreciated!

(running OSX mountain lion 10.8.5 / testing all done via HDMI / onboard graphics disabled - PEG )

thanks again, will respond with an update.

still non functional with the gt730

installed appropriate web drivers (12F2560) tried booting with nvda_drv=1 with no luck.

tried -x with no luck

when booting -v hangs at missing bluetooth controller transport

switched nvidia control pane to "use nvidia web drivers" with no luck

if i remember correctly from prior attempt, it wouldn't let me boot with internal graphics if the card(730) is in the pci slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back