Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77x-ud5h
CPU
Intel i7
Graphics
Nvidia 660ti
So I used El Capitan on my hackintosh since it came out. I thought I had written a guide for myself for exactly what steps I took to get it up and running, but I can't find that so I'm essentially starting from scratch (my current hackintosh build is acting really buggy so I'm going to start a new Sierra install).

I'm installing sierra on a crucial SSD. I've got an Nvidia graphics card, GTX480 I think. I've installed using the Sierra USB installer. Then I get into multibeast and chose the following options:

Audio - ALC898
Disk - 3rd Party SATA
Misc - FakeSMC v6.21-311
Misc - FakeSMC Plugins v6.21-311
Misc - FakeSMC HWMonitor Application v6.21-311
Network - AtherosE2200Ethernet v2.0.1
Network - AppleIntelE1000e v3.2.4.2
USB - 3rd Party USB 3.0
Bootloader - Clover v2.3k r3766 UEFI Boot Mode
System Defintion - Mac Pro 6,1

I don't know what else I would change. This however isn't getting me up and running. I remove the USB drive, boot to my SSD that has clover/sierra installed. I chose the SSD to boot from. It starts booting, I see the apple logo, maybe even a sliver of the progress bar...then it restarts.

Anyone familiar with this motherboard know what I might need to add/change? Or what boot flags I might need to add? Are there any kexts I might need to install manually? I read I might need a special boot flag or kext for a SSD? Is that right?

I've searched around on the forums but haven't found any solutions yet. It was so easy last time, this time is a little discouraging.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Please read and comply with the rules :
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back