i5-3570K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What am I doing wrong?

I previously owend a Hackintosh I5-3570K Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H build of which the bios got corrupted and wouden't start up anymore.

On my recent build Hackintosh I5-3570K Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H OSX 10.9.5 16 Gb Corsair ram, no pci-e cards or extra inserted. I followed JoJoxman's building instructions and when it runs, it runs great.

I still have problems starting up. Bios is upgraded tot F15q, Gigabytes latest bios.

When I switch the pc on, two things can happen.
1) Bios starts and runs.
The best thing that can happen, but I'll never know when this happens.

2) Bios does not start. No digits on the MB, pc restarting and stil nog digits that show activity. Bios leds keep switching to an from Main - Backup bios.
Pushing the startbutton sometimes may help, but switching the pc off might help too.

Bios runs most stable and often when optimized defaults are loaded.
Tried tot unplug everything to determine the error but nothing helps.

Do I own another bad MB?

After going through this forum, which offered me a lot of help while building the Hackintosh, I'm stuck.
So help is needed!!

Are there any ideas??
Please help.

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2014-11-10 om 19.44.01.png
    Schermafbeelding 2014-11-10 om 19.44.01.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 176
  • Schermafbeelding 2014-11-10 om 19.44.26.png
    Schermafbeelding 2014-11-10 om 19.44.26.png
    79.7 KB · Views: 206
  • Schermafbeelding 2014-11-10 om 19.47.16.png
    Schermafbeelding 2014-11-10 om 19.47.16.png
    91.8 KB · Views: 201
From the symptoms you have mentioned I would say that it points more towards your power supply. If the motherboard is receiving power it lights up the BIOS and boots. If it doesn't light up its not receiving the correct power. This is not good as it may damage your motherboard or CPU over time.

There are testers available to check the consistency of the supply. Or you could take it to a local computer shop and get it tested. Generally the manufacturers website will have a diagnostic page to determine if the power supply is good or bad.

Take the side panel off your case and start the system and see if the power supply runs when there are no lights on. This could give you a more positive view of the problem.

@Wildwillow
Supply is tested and is good. Powerled did light up every time since the build so didn't doubt, but wanted to be sure.

Removing everything but 1 bank of ram and the processor doesn't give a consistent result.

Seems Hackintosh and myself are NOT a good combination.

@Wildwillow
Supply is tested and is good. Powerled did light up every time since the build so didn't doubt, but wanted to be sure.

Removing everything but 1 bank of ram and the processor doesn't give a consistent result.

Seems Hackintosh and myself are NOT a good combination.

This would happen if you were booting Windoze. Next step would be to test your hardware, download and run Memtest on your system for a few hours and see if it delivers any errors. Intermittent faults are a PITA to get to the bottom of. Until something actually fails.

Problem solved at last.
by turning off the pc, motherboard doen't completly shuts down.
turning the power off by hand after the pc gas stopped, all problems dissapear.
pc starts up like it Shouf, no more bios problems that occure.

suppose there is a technical solution for my problem but this manual way works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back