Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same board but with 3770S CPU and Gigabyte GTX960 GPU. I have installed 2 different PCIx cards with Apple native bluetooth cards. The cards I have tried are:
Card 1. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx86-21,
with BCM943602CS BT card.
Card 2. Fenvi FV-T919. This was the Tonymacx86 recommended one at the time.
However, the BT is not recognised on either card in the OS.
I have plugged it into both F_USB1 and F_USB2.
The only way that I can get the BT on Card 1 to work is to connect the board to a USB 2/3 port of the back panel, or the front USB3 panel. I have also tried a USB3 header to USB3 socket adapter. However, in each case I get that dreaded instant awake from sleep problem.

NB. Both cards work flawlessness on my backup hack H67N-USB3-B3/i3570K, so they clearly work.

2 questions:
1. Using F_USB1 and F_USB2 it seems that the ports are not active. Is there a BIOS setting and/or OS setting that I need to configure to make these active?
2. Have you suffered from the dreaded instant awake from sleep problem? If so, how did you fix it?

A solution to either, or both, of these questions would be great.

Hi, sorry been struggling with High Sierra issues affecting sleep and using a raid 0 set up... anyway...

1. there is a legacy USB set up in the bios which needs to be enable, however F_USB1 and F_USB1 should work, check by linking them to your case usb leads and if these work then they work. My motherboard did not like the bluetooth link to either of those and I had to link it to one of the USB3 headers on the motherboard. If this is not working for you it maybe an issue with the DSDT not seeing or reporting USB ports correctly. It maybe that you also need to increase the port limit for USB3 due to the limitations of macOS. I'm sure there are plenty of discussions on this topic here.

I would trouble shoot by disconnecting all USB and just attach the wifi card and bluetooth module and see if it detected in macOS and not being interfered with by other devices first. I believe I have same card as card 1 which you have mentioned.

2. I did not suffer from any wake issues at all within Sierra, however now I've upgraded to high Sierra my system wakes after 4 minutes of sleep due to GLAN issues and other than switching off wake on LAN I cannot prevent this. Sadly I need wake on Lan for various reasons and so it is not an option for me.

Sometimes the only way to resolve these issues is to set the machine up from fresh as if you just built it again as this will remove any incorrect patches, tick boxes, bios entries, config entries and other such things which could be causing problems in the back ground...

Hey! I have nearly the exact same build as you except I have a 650ti.

I don’t have everything working yet though with regards to USB and sleep.

I’ve recently done a fresh vanilla install using clover, following corpnewt’s guide on ******.

I’m basically at the post install stage and haven’t done any ssdt or dsdt steps. To be honest I’m lost and haven’t been able to find a decent guide on what I’m exactly supposed to do. I’ve been recommended Rehabman’s post about detecting USB ports etc. But when I attempted it I ended up being unable to boot and had to do a fresh install. I still have no clue what caused it.

Do you have any links or can you explain what you did post-install? I’m pretty technically inclined but this last stage has left me stumped.

I’d appreciate any help at this point.

Hey! I have nearly the exact same build as you except I have a 650ti.

I don’t have everything working yet though with regards to USB and sleep.

I’ve recently done a fresh vanilla install using clover, following corpnewt’s guide on ******.

I’m basically at the post install stage and haven’t done any ssdt or dsdt steps. To be honest I’m lost and haven’t been able to find a decent guide on what I’m exactly supposed to do. I’ve been recommended Rehabman’s post about detecting USB ports etc. But when I attempted it I ended up being unable to boot and had to do a fresh install. I still have no clue what caused it.

Do you have any links or can you explain what you did post-install? I’m pretty technically inclined but this last stage has left me stumped.

I’d appreciate any help at this point.

Hey,

the only link relating to DDST generation i can find is this:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...yte-z77x-ud5h-clover-uefi-installtweak-guide/

There are a number of Z77X-UD5H guides here which explain the various post install options for kext etc... sadly its kind of trial and error which works best for you... DDST is the best way for our motherboard to get USB working correctly along with sleep, I still haven't got sleep working correctly in High Sierra but then again I haven't followed my own advice yet and done a clean install.

Heres a good guide with regards to a full install:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ultrazones-guide-for-z77x-ud5h-mavericks-clover-uefi-mode.128986/

laters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back